Monday, July 9, 2007

Day 6 - Stone Walled


Himself had some concerns about the tight space between the shower and the toilet. But did he voice these concerns to the contractor when the new design was being discussed Friday afternoon? Rolling Eyes

This morning, Himself happily toodled off to work,Antique 1 and I was left to look for other options with the contractor. The space is tiny. There really aren't a lot of options. The contractor had planned today to demolish the tub and install the new shower base and plumbing. He didn't want to start any work until he had a chance to talk things over with Himself. I knew what I wanted to do. I knew what the outcome would be, but I dutifully sent email and voice mail to Himself at school. Since there was nothing for the contractor to do here, he went home. No


When Himself is in school, there isn't any way to contact him, not even in an emergency. So I waited and hoped he'd take a break to read email as he doesn't bother to listen to his phone messages.


The Young One had a physical torture appointment this morning, but they called to reschedule for late morning. We got back at 1pm and Himself had answered my email. I knew what the response would be, and I called the contractor and told him he had a green light for the project with the proposed plans.


The contractor had decided to spend the time building the cabinets that will go along the wall of the sink. Thank Gawd someone knows how to get his ducks reorganized and in a row.
Rubber Duck Rubber Duck Rubber Duck


He will spend today and tomorrow constructing the cabinets. He will arrive Thurs. morning to begin work we can actually see. I will have a roll of duct tape handy to squelch any concerns. Sealed Shut


I was disappointed early this morning, but am in a better mood this afternoon.
The bathroom is still ugly.







4 comments:

  1. Quack, quack, quack, line em up and mow em down.

    DUCK tape. Hee hee...the handy-wife's secret weapon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just another typical day in paradise. Break out the Phil Collins CD. Good luck, CJ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like work is progressing well despite the setbacks. My question is--why do so many builders put the toilet in such a tight squeeze? That's one thing I dislike about my bathroom--it's like it's an afterthought in a space too little to swing a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lmao! jus cos you were all dead set for a new bathroom. All sort of delays popping up...lol!!!

    ReplyDelete