Saturday, June 21, 2014

I Know Where He Is

Last week, after not being able to find Zio Manny in the cemeteries I thought he might have been buried, I sent for his death certificate. The document arrived on Thursday.

I was almost afraid to open up the SASE. I thought perhaps, a record couldn't be found so the City returned my check. Inside the envelope was the pale green document. Seems criminal to be smiling while holding a death certificate, and to be excited to plan a cemetery hop.

And the really cool thing? The cemetery has an online locator. I don't have to make a call to the cemetery office or the Archdiocese of Boston. Just plunk in Zio's name and a map showing the location of the grave and which road to take through the cemetery pops up.

1 comment:

  1. How cool is that? All cemeteries should have a locator! Can't wait for your road trip to see the pics! :)

    ReplyDelete