Saturday, June 7, 2014

Yes, We Have No Bananas

So, I'm scrolling through Facebook, and I read an article that says most people have been peeling bananas the wrong way. If the research is on Facebook, it must be correct.

The article states most people peel the banana from the stem. Apparently, this is incorrect especially if the banana isn't quite ripe. From time to time, I've struggled peeling a banana from the stem if the banana is still a little green. Usually, a quick slice with a knife solves the problem.

 According to the article the correct way to peel a banana is from the bottom and the evidence sited is observing monkeys. Monkeys hold the stem end, pinch or bite the bottom, and easily peel a banana.

Monkey read, monkey do. And OMG, it works! I pinched the the bottom, I didn't bite it. No wrestling with the stem to peel the banana. No knife. Just a nice clean peel.

For further proof, I turned to YouTube and if the proof is there, it must be true. And lo! A cute monkey peels a banana from the bottom.


3 comments:

  1. I don’t even know where to begin with this comment……a monkey….in a dress……..wearing jewelry……with a squeaky toy…….eating a banana!!!! I’ve been doing it all wrong!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried opening a banana the 'monkey' way. Doesn't feel right! I suspect I have evolved and this may be the only way to show it so I will continue to unzip my bananas from the stalk. Interesting though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now we know. grin. Remember that monkey that ripped a woman's face up? I've kind of lost my appreciation for them since then.

    ReplyDelete