Sunday, July 16, 2017

How Does Your Garden Grow?



Gregor Samsa came to visit.


Early morning dew caught in a web looks like a fairy bride lost her veil. Several of these webs dotted the lawn.


A mourning dove enjoys the bird bath



Morning glories doing well in the bucket.


Looks like Birdsy came by an graffitied Ink.


Downpours only dropped about an inch and a half of rain this week. Didn't need to water the petunias.


I was expecting to the the morning glory in the pot tall enough to climb the shephard's hook, but


Sunny beaches! Some bunny ate the top off the morning glory!


I was about to pull this tall weed among the milkweed, but I think it's a sunflower. Someone must have dropped a seed from the bird feeder.


Wild Morning Glory, aka Devil's Weed, winds its way through the side garden choking out everything. Good thing this area will be torn out for the mini split compressor.


The hollyhock managed to escape the choking wild morning glory vine.


Dedo plays peek-a-boo among the hydrangeas.


So many blooms on the hydrangea. I might be able to bring some inside.


With all the rain we've had, the garden kites are still hanging on.

How does your garden grow?


7 comments:

  1. Those sunflowers seeds grow everywhere the seeds land. I've pulled them out of the gardens, lawn, pots on my deck. Its looking good except for that bunny damage. Happy Sunday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to leave the sunflower so at least something will bloom on that side

      Delete
  2. It's pretty obvious, your garden has far more flowers than mine. I have lots of green stuff, but not many flowers. I've tried growing sunflowers from seed and they never, ever even start to grow or peek above ground. You and Erika must live where sunflowers flourish. And to think, I live in the sunflower state!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flowers are only here and there. Most of the vegetation is weedy green. Isn't that the way when you want something to grow and it doesn't?

      Delete
  3. I like the weed! Sometimes they are prettier than the cultivated flowers. Nice of you to feed the bunny! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, weeds are flowers that just aren't popular. Like dandelions

      Delete
  4. Your garden posts make me smile CJ! I have to say, that bug looks big! LOL! Do sunflowers come back every year?

    ReplyDelete