Monday, March 19, 2018

My Little Corner


Himself spent the beginning of his Spring break putting together storage units. The bookcase fits in the closet for all the calligraphy books. There's even enough room for the teaching bag.

A small, microwave cart holds yarn and hopefully, all the genealogy research. 


I was looking at window decals. The Young One suggested Ink looking up at the birds. The decals were all permanently applied to a surface. I wanted removable, reusable vinyl. What to do? DIY, of course. I found some window cling at Michael's. Traced an image of a cat on it, and what's the phrase all you mixed media people use? Ah, fussy cut the cat for a fun window decoration.


I love using essential oils for aromatherapy. They are also helpful during allergy season, if it ever arrives. I found a cute diffuser to go with the bird theme. Ok, technically it's a duck, but it could be a yellow canary. If you look through one eye and squint.

15 comments:

  1. Your storage corner looks wonderfully neat and tidy, I'll be having complexes all day! Love the window ink, great idea. Have a good week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and that diffuser is really pretty.

      Delete
    2. I wonder how long I can keep things neat and tidy once all the stuff from upstairs gets brought up and put away. :-D The diffuser is fun

      Delete
  2. Nice new cabinets and organization project. I need to do this! badly. I have been working away on some small projects but need to hit the studio. You have inspired me to get to it. happy Monday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. You'll have to come see it, if the weather ever breaks.

      Delete
  4. Look through one eye and squint. Haha.
    I love your corner of the world, in particular...Ink sharing the space with you.
    ^^
    ==

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He loved to sit in an open window. He would have enjoyed this space.

      Delete
  5. Looks great! I bet it's nice to be out of the basement. Even a finished basement is kinda' dreary. Enjoy your new studio! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This room gets sunlight for a good portion of the day so it's glorious compared to the windowless basement.

      Delete
  6. Looks great CJ! I love "Ink" in your window and you made me laugh about your duck, oh sorry, I mean canary! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love your little corner! It's such fun with your crafty additions, your cat decal is amazing 😁. Have a great day! J 😊
    p.s. sorry I haven't visited lately, I've had flu the past week. I'm getting better though although the cold weather isn't helping my cough ...lol 😉. J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to have a nice space to be able to put some toys out. Hope you're feeling better.

      Delete