Friday, March 9, 2018

The Friday Five Good Things

Five good things that happened this week.

1. We didn't lose electricity and the sump pump kept singing and humming during the storm.

2. I had a dream that Ink gifted me with one of his toy mice. At least, I think it was a toy

3. The Eldest and I had dinner together via phone. She said she went to a nearby garden shop and found a  Sassafras doormat with inserts your can switch up based on holidays or seasons. She wanted to get one for St. Patrick's Day, but they were all sold out.

4. I mailed a Pi Day package to the Eldest to celebrate Pi Day on March 14. I sent  a scrub top with a circle print, a little peach pie and some items she left behind.

5. We didn't lose electricity during the second Nor'easter. The museum cancelled my class so we didn't have to rush to shovel 15 inches of heavy, wet snow off the driveway or cars.

How was your week?

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good week, glad the storm wasn't too unkind to you. But I'm not sure what that doormat does?
    Here it's been mild and mostly sunny, so it was a good week weather wise. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The doormat welcomes people and looks pretty. It has a frame and you can change out the middle part based on seasons, holidays, or themes.

      Delete
  2. Not a bad week I'd say. You sound like you made it through the storm. We lost power for all about 5 minutes and then it came back on, and I don't think wee even got as much snow as some other localities, but it still looks pretty wintery out there. But we are moving one day closer to spring...hopefully! Happy Friday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to laugh at your dream and your photo. Looks like the mice at my place. The two boys have their preferences, too.

    Thanks for reminding me about Pi Day. I forgot last year. Hope your daughter gets a kick out her gift. I'm also glad you didn't lose power. That is a true blessing, since I've seen so many stories to the contrary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so thankful we didn't lose power. There are still people in other sections of my town who still don't have electricity yet. Hopefully, by 6 pm.

      Delete
  4. I'd call that a GREAT week! Nor losing electricity is always a good thing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. INK !!!!!! now thatz what we call a stash oh mice !!! awesum ~~~~~ ☺☺♥♥

    CJ; glad you didn't lose power and hope everyone fairs well this week end as well ~~~ ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy you didn't lose electricity! So far, so good, we haven't been hit as bad as alot of people, like yourself! You can send me some peach pie! LOL! That doormat looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, are those all cat toys?! haha.. I remember before we had kids, and we were crazy cat people, we would move furniture and it would be MOUNTAINS of cat toys, haha! - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Ink's mice. Found them a year after he passed when we moved a curio cabinet to have new baseboard heating registers installed. Guess it was his favorite stash.

      Delete