Sunday, March 18, 2018

How Does Your Garden Grow?


With an impossible blue sky and puffy lamb clouds, it was hard to believe a big storm was barreling its way up the coast. Again.


It was so nice, the day before the storm, I was tempted to put Seaumus back out. I didn't.


At the start of the storm, poor Ben Dover curled into a fetal position and cried. If the window ledge had been wider, I would have gotten up there and joined him.


Barely at the beginning of the storm, the plow went by and murdered the poor mailbox..


The storm was supposed to let up mid-afternoon, but it didn't. After supper, Himself and I decided to get out for the first pass at clearing the walk and the driveway. It was still snowing lightly. The (haunted) solar lights came on to create a festive atmosphere for shoveling.


We got a healthy 18 inches (45.72 cm) of snow.


The following morning the mailbox is barely visible.


After much digging, I was able to right the mailbox. The sanding truck came by while I was digging out the mailbox and I gave him my Mama is not happy face.


After shoveling the path to the back feeder, the first one to show up was the cardinal. Hi, Dad! 


Through the dirty kitchen window, the over hanging snow looked like lace. If you close one and and squint.


The sun was out, the winds died down, and no storms on the horizon for St. Patrick's Day, at least. Seamus was back on his perch as official St. Paddy's Day greeter.


Red sky at night, sailors delight.



With sunshine and blue skies behind him, Ben Dover chants,  "Nohm-more snow....nohm-more snow....nohm-more snow."

How does your garden grow?

16 comments:

  1. Your garden has the same colour as ours just now - white! I am so fed up with snow! Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...got such a laugh from Ben in the fetal position! Looks like the next storm is going out to see mostly. Let's hope!☀️⛅🌞

    ReplyDelete
  3. And so the saying, "the calm before the storm" prevails. WOW, CJ, now that's what I call SNOW.

    I must admit that we have had a very strange winter here. We have had an unusual amount of rain instead of snow and it is as if Mother Nature were a month or so behind/off the seasons here in PA.

    How is the wind there? Ours has been unrelenting for the past two weeks or so, which gives us freezing temps even without the icy snow.

    I hope you can now relax for the remainder of the weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had some colder than normal temps for this time of year. The winds during the storms were fierce. And with the deep snow cover and cold temps, we'll be behind where we normally are for early Spring

      Delete
  4. It's been an odd winter all around. Hang on, Spring is coming! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's also what we got for snow. When I went out to Smith College in Northampton Friday they had no snow. Lucky them!!!!!! I do like how Ben Dover is curled in fetal position. That's how I felt during the storm. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, we're storm free for the rest of the season

      Delete
  6. Had to laugh at Ben, but I wish we had some of that moisture here.

    I know you kept saying how the mail box survived, but had NO idea the plow would do that. I'm SO glad mine is firmly attached to my front porch.

    I would gladly take some of your moisture, but I guess that isn't possible. I keep bringing buckets of water out to the birds and my starving plants. The high winds here have caused lots of grass fires and many acres have burned as a result of no moisture. If only we could catch a break! A bit different from you idea of a break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear the plow driver turns his blade and aims for the mailbox. Another storm coming and I wish I could send it your way.

      Delete
  7. I'd be crawling up on the windowsill too ...lol 😉. The cold makes it hard to breathe with the flu I have had. I hope spring is here soon and we all get some warmer weather 😁. Take care! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From your fingers to God's eyes. And I hope you're feeling better soon.

      Delete
  8. I can't stop laughing! LOL! "My Mama is not happy face." You are so adorable CJ! Sorry to laugh and sorry about all the snow!! The weather guys around here have said, don't put away your shovels yet and don't take off your snow tires! Compared to you, we have had it easy! I do hope you get no more snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your weather dudes are right. We're in for another storm tomorrow. Mama ain't happy

      Delete