Sunday, March 25, 2018

How Does Your Garden Grow?


The week started sunny and cold, but the sun is high so


lots of melting took place. That's my shovel where I left it after the last big storm, and I was tired, sore, and disgusted with shoveling. Another storm was on the way, so I had to go get my shovel and put it in the front porch.


Seamus the Leprechaun garden flag, got to ride his perch for a couple of days and St. Patrick's Day. His holiday was over, and I debated putting out the Spring flag, but another storm was due. So the flag would have to wait.


We waited all day Wednesday for the big storm to arrive.


And it arrived with "not a bang, but a whimper" T.S. Eliot. Storm predictions started out with close to a foot of snow, and in the end we only got a couple of inches. Not enough snow to plow, so the mailbox was left unscathed.


A new toy had arrived the week before. Himself got me a new garden cart that doubles as a dolly. He also got a plow attachment for it which arrived just in time. The snow was heavy and wet so I had a hard time pushing the plow, but it worked well for Himself since he's having problems with his back and can't shovel.


Saturday, the sun came out, and it was glorious. Even though there was still a good foot of snow on the ground. The bright sun made it feel just like the above photo. Happy days are here, again...


And then we woke up to this. A dusting of snow and squalls predicted for the day. 


Show of hands. Who's sick of seeing snow? Even a little bit of snow?

I was all set to go out and see if I could find a Spring garden flag. The one I have has seen better days. But I bid you 


I might have to paint a coating of snow on the Easter eggs in the basket for a more realistic representation.

How does your garden grow?

16 comments:

  1. Hang on.....better days are coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post!
    Hopefully this is the last of the white stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you have had so much snow, I hope it son gets better. We had great weather this weekend, almost like spring. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun is out now, so I hope this is the last of the snow.

      Delete
  4. Yup, I hear ya, CJ! Yesterday, we had temps in the 50's and sunny and this morning it has been flurrying for about two hours. No real accumulation which is the nice part of spring beginnings. It is not cold enough to STAY for very long!

    Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the upside to snow at this time of year. The sun angle is so high so even if it's cold, the snow melts quickly.

      Delete
  5. Let's hope spring is here soon! We've had a sunny weekend and it's slightly warmer than it was so I've been pottering in the garden today looking at the flowering redcurrant which is in bloom and the pretty yellow daffodils 😁. Happy Sunday! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warmer weather is predicted for the end of the week. So that will be a good thing.

      Delete
  6. We got RAIN this morning, and I jumped for joy. Temps were well below normal for this time of year, but at least it wasn't ice. I think your new toy is wonderful. I am sure you both will enjoy it. Maybe April will bring less snow and more showers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend from IA said she got 18 inches of snow. I was wondering if got either snow or rain from the same front as it moved through to IA. So glad you got much needed rain and not ice. Temps have been below normal here, too, but that's supposed to change by the end of the week.

      Delete
  7. That's how it looks here-but warmer days on on the docket this week. Happy news-I hope those weather people re correct! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad their predictions for the big snow last week were wrong, but hope they get it right this week.

      Delete
  8. This is a great post CJ! We are having pouring rain today. Lucky, I got some earth put down yesterday. But, snow for this weekend! LOL! I really don't like that back and forth, like how you have shown. Your show of hand and feet were adorable! LOL! I have to see if we have a garden cart like that. I think I could use it! Big Hugs! (I like your wreath)

    ReplyDelete