Monday, March 26, 2018

What I'm Working On

I have three projects I am working on. Two of them I can't talk about just yet.


The Young One has been invited to a wedding in May. She was told the bridal party would be wearing lilac and grey. Though red is her color, she decided she didn't want to stand out. So, she found this pretty, sage, blouse. She loved the bell sleeves, but wished the blouse came in a print. I told her I could make a shawl or wrap out of variegated yarn that would give a punch of color. She liked the idea. 

While talking about the shawl and looking for patterns I'd be able to crochet, she decided she didn't want to fuss with a shawl. So I found a circular vest pattern Pocket Full of Posies at the Lavender Chair.


The pattern called for one Caron Cake round. The Caron cakes are nothing more than variegated yarn packaged into a "cake" instead of a skein or ball. The Young One couldn't find a color she liked in the Cakes, but found Blue Hawaiian in the Big Cakes which is a larger version. No biggie.  I'll have yarn left over to make something else. 


I'm about halfway done. This is the front.


This is the back. The circle forms a shawl collar. With the vest, she'll be free to move without worrying about losing her wrap.

13 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing wrap! You are so clever and I love the colours of the yarn and the design is perfect for the pretty sage blouse - beautiful 😁. Wishing you a wonderful new week! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This yarn just matched perfectly. It was the only cake in the store so we were lucky

      Delete
  2. This is so unusual, what a fantastic idea. Well done on coming up with something as lovely as this. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I found a pattern my beginner self could follow.

      Delete
  3. Very nice! Did the yarn work out that way or did you have to 'finagle' it to get the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, didn't have to finagle.The pattern was designed specifically for this yarn.

      Delete
  4. Oh my I love this and the colors are just perfect too-this will be much easier to wear too a shawl would get in the way I think Love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, she won't have to worry about losing her wrap.

      Delete
  5. Nice. You made a beautiful shawl that really complements the blouse. ANd you have my curiosity peaked with your 2 projects you can't talk about. Hope we get to hear about them somday. hus-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, I love it!!! Is that double crochet??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Half double crochet with chain stitches in between

      Delete
  7. You are so talented and creative CJ!!! I love your daughter's blouse and that vest you have crocheted to go with it, is amazing! It looks so pretty! Well done!

    ReplyDelete