Saturday, March 10, 2018

My Little Corner

Things are slowly taking shape  in my new workspace thanks to Himself who I've kept busy putting furniture and storage units together. I have difficulty telling left from right so the putting together falls to Himself. At least the left-right issue is my excuse. =^,.^=


In the basement space I had two work stations. A drafting table and a writing desk with a lightbox Himself made for me.  Since the room is small (10 ft. x 12 ft) items need to be chosen for size as well as function. 

The glass top desk acts as a light box with the help of LED strip lights placed in the drawer. This will make addressing envelopes and filling certificates easier. 


The top can be raised and used as a slant board, too.


View of the desk from the door. Probably not the best Feng Sui arrangement, but I don't like sitting with my back to the door.


I was looking for some sort of window treatment to add a splash of color. Found the beautiful bird valance from Collects, Etc. Reasonably priced, too. I'm debating keeping the sheer curtains up. This room gets the sun for most of the day so the natural light is glorious, but glare on the computer screen is a problem at certain times of the day. I'm thinking of using a Command hook as a tie back holder. I just need to find one with a larger hook to hold all the curtain material. In case you're not familiar, Command hooks adhere to the wall to hold up pictures or other household applications without permanently attaching to the wall. When removed, the wall finish isn't marred.

More to follow.


20 comments:

  1. Nice! Those are cool desks with those glass tops. And I like the curtains too. You have a fabulous place to work! It inspires me to clean up my mess abit too! Happy Saturday! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goal is to keep this room neat and tidy. I wasn't neat down in the basement and the clutter got way out of hand. Mainly, I didn't have very good storage options. And way too much stuff that never really got used.

      Delete
  2. Looks fabulous! There is nothing like a great "space" to inspire you!

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, when you get bogged down in clutter, it's hard to feel creative.

      Delete
  3. Looking good! (I agree with not having your back towards the door!) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to know if clowns or zombies are coming after me. :-D

      Delete
  4. Love your space and desk/lightbox! The valence is beautiful! Can't wait to see the room when your storage is in. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to create a light box. Nicely done. I really like your new space, too. I have two of those 300 lb step stools. They come in handy and fold up easily, too.

    You are lucky. I can't sit to create art, but I don't write anything when I'm making mixed media.

    Those are darling curtains. OK, the valance is darling. At least your windows are next to each other. Mine are so spread apart, I'm not sure they work well for my room. Have a great Sunday, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my teachers and friend, the late Gwen Weaver calligraphed while standing up. I had no idea how she managed.

      Delete
  6. Love your new furniture and the light box is fantastic. And you bird valance is the star of the show for me. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lightbox/desk is a huge plus in a small room.

      Delete
  7. Love your space-and very clever set up for your light box Love those curtains too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it. I think the LED light strips will work well and nice not to have to find storage for the large, heavy lightbox.

      Delete
  8. Love your new work space! You're going to have so much fun in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already having fun searching for storage solutions, arranging stuff, watching Himself put my furniture together, and arting.

      Delete
  9. Looking good, CJ! The desk is great and I love the valiances. Heading over to Collects right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some nice stuff. Some junk. The curtains I bought are well made and were reasonably priced.

      Delete
  10. Looks amazing! Love it all! That desk is fabulous! Love your birds on the curtains! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The birds really add a pop of color to an otherwise dull white room

      Delete