Sunday, August 29, 2021

How Does Your Garden Grow?

 Another back to front story courtesy of Blogger


I put out the bird feeders and lighthouse after Tropical Storm Henri last Monday


The bunny wondering where all the delicious tall grass went to as the Lawn Guy showed up.


Tiny, Tiny Bunny. This little one likes to nibble grass by the step to the sun room slider. S/he is one of Clover's babies. Clover was one of the bunnies from last Summer that liked to nibble the clover and had a white spot on his/her head. Tiny, Tiny Bunny has the same white spot.


There are so many bunnies of varying size they remind me of matryoshka dolls. One of the bunnies enjoyed the morning glories. Since the morning glories were twisted around the shepherd's hook, I just lowered the planter and hook to the ground. Didn't get out there fast enough to stop some bunny from having a morning glorious feast.


Bunny posing like a chocolate bunny


Another hazy, hot, and humid day. 89 oF, but a feels like temp. of 98 oF.


Morning glories and the petunia not doing too well with all the heat, humidity, and rain.


Tiny Bunny sneaking up on the Chocolate Bunny


Boo! Chocolate Bunny freaks and leaps into the air.



Pepper plants not looking too good after all the rain from Tropical Storm Henri followed by heat and humidity.


Catching some rays


Henri was a bit of a dud  in my area. Just a couple of leaves and twigs blown down. I'm not complaining.


I had forgotten to take Dedo inside.  He was well protected by the hydrangea.


The wind did blow the ivy from the middle to the side of the window box.


This little tree peep must have weathered the storm inside the petunia plants I brought into the front porch. He hopped out onto the top step when I opened the door.

How does your garden grow?

14 comments:

  1. Nice lighthouse. Now I see what you did with the planting pots. Great idea. Your garden is looking great. Mine is starting to show the wear of summer. Hopefully a little break in the heat with green things up a bit. And what a cute little little bunny. Too bad there's no sun but this cooler day is better than last Thursday's wall of heat. Enjoy. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lighthouse was the first planting pot project. I haven't started the next one because it's been too humid or rainy to paint the pots.

      Delete
  2. We have teeeny frogs that get into the house every time we open the front door! (I find it very amusing watching Husband running around the house trying to catch them and put them back outside! Shhhh, don't laugh too loud, he doesn't see the humor.....lol.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying unsuccessfully not to laugh at that image.😺

      Delete
  3. So many bunnies!

    You'd think I might see the occasional frog or toad on my patio, but no. Never :( I try to make a friendly apace for them, but I guess we have too much hardscape in our neighborhood.

    They're predicting heavy rains from Ida as it moves up the MS River, but last I saw the track was trending eastward enough for us to miss the major brunt of it. Poor New Orleans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With a gestation period of 28 days and bunnies able to breed early, it makes me wonder how many bunnies are in the warren? 😺

      I was wondering if you were in the direct path. A relief that you’re not. Poor New Orleans, indeed.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you didn't get the brunt of the storm. It seems those little bunnies are enjoying themselves and it appears you are enjoying them equally.

    Even though I have no high grass and my bamboo is gone, the bunnies are still finding respite in my yard. I saw two yesterday.

    You have COOL weather. Here it's been anywhere from 102 F to 106 F for over a week. We've had heat advisories for days and days on end. The feels like temps are 108 F and higher at times. I'll take your 89 F any day compared to what I've experienced. Even 98 F would feel cool! I can't wait for cooler weather. Guess I'll have to, though. Even the cats, who normally like the warm part of the house, stay upstairs in the office where the window AC that supplements the whole house AC, keeps them cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love watching the bunnies, birds, squirrels. Their antics are so funny. Cooler weather is just around the corner. (More's the pity 😉)

      Delete
  5. CJ, tiny bunny is so darn cute! Thanks for making my day! Love seeing all your bunnies! August, for us, was so hot and humid! So bad some days, you couldn't even go outside. I just have been cutting things back. Love seeing your garden! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiny, Tiny Bunny is adorable. He also doesn't run away quickly if I go outside. I tell him he's okay and he'll go back to munching grass. If only he would come in and clean the house the way Snow White's animals did when she talked to them

      Delete
  6. By the way, I love your little cat bat in the box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish he was just a little bit bigger to be seen from the street.

      Delete
  7. Nice lighthouse. Now I see what you did with the planting pots

    ReplyDelete