Sunday, January 8, 2023

How Does Your Garden Grow?


Pictures from the yard that didn't make it to the blog because I skipped a week or two.


The crescent moon visible while I was taking out the trash in the morning.


Heavy rains filled the swale with rushing water


Puddle at the end of the driveway. I liked the reflection of the trees from across the street


Morning clouds


On the Winter solstice the seasonal tree lost all its leave. Christmas Eve.  10 oF , but the wind chill made it feel like 4 oF. Brrrr.  I hope Santa wore his long moodandies.


Ice on the driveway


A spectacular sunset

 

The greenhouse wasn't buttoned up as tight as it should have been. Heavy winds blew things around. Life with the Kennedys is always askew.


Snow. Deep sigh. Forlorn look


Frozen sadness and despair as far as the eye can see


Minimalist ghost faces or a bunny passed by


A day later and the snow is mostly melted from the front yard. Too bad this doesn't happen after every snowfall.


Still more melting needed in the backyard.

How does your garden grow?

19 comments:

  1. I love the snow on the trees and am glad it isn't in my yard for once. I love the sunset and the awesome moon shot. Sorry about your greenhouse.

    I have NO idea how my garden grows, since I haven't been outside for days! I'm still trying to get warm inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending thoughts of warm temps. and sunshine your way

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I need all the warmth I can get!

      Delete
  2. Great photos and scenery. Greetings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the trees in the puddle reflection photo. Too bad about the greenhouse. That wind was brutal though. Looks like around here. But the snow should melt some this week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree pictures are stunning - the moon, the sunset, and even the fairy dust :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fairy dust might help me make it through Winter

      Delete
  5. To bad the snow doesn't melt overnight every time! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  6. No snow.. no rain... just beautiful sunshine..the highs take turns with the 60's then 70's .. Played golf the other day at 77F.. crazy weather.. Love your tree reflection photo! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Your pics got GREAT!! The snow, albeit pretty to look at from a living room window and not having to drive in it to go anywhere, is depressing to me as well!

    That crescent moon and the sunset photo are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sunset was amazing. The camera didn't quite capture the vivid colors

      Delete
  8. Love the "minimalist ghost faces" most!
    Here no sun since... can´t remember and the week ahead looks dull, too, weather-wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was our weather, too, but the sun did come out Sunday and is expected to make an appearance today

      Delete
  9. Our garden is pretty wet and soggy at the moment, we could do with a few dry days!

    Lovely to see the crescent moon and the gorgeous sunset.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think these recent record lows have done for my rosemary and lavender. Time will tell, but I'm not hopeful.

    ReplyDelete