Tuesday, June 20, 2023

T Stands for National Chocolate Ice Cream Day



Another play day with Teague. Our new hobby is to eat lunch where we've never boldly eaten before. We ended up at the Medway Cafe.


The Cafe features pub type food and seemed to be popular with the older set. Teague and I were the youngest of the Senior patrons in the restaurant.

I had an unsweetened ice tea with lemon and Teague had lemonade.


The placemat featured celebrities that were born in Massachusetts for entertainment while waiting for food.


The decor was mostly movie posters. We were seated in a booth next to James Dean in Rebel Without A Cause."



My choice from the menu: "Larry Bird’s Grilled Chicken Flame broiled all white breast brushed with your favorite sauce (Bourbon BBQ) and topped with green leaf lettuce, tomato and red onion (I pulled the onion out of my sandwich) Served on a warm round roll" Larry Bird used to play for the Boston Celtics (basketball, 1979 to 1992)



Other favorite movie posters


Since it was National Chocolate Ice Cream Day and the day was warm enough (I don't like ice cream when the weather is chilly or cold), we went for a run at the Dairy Queen. I had a small, Chocolate Brownie Blizzard.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

29 comments:

  1. Now you've made me hungry! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you have the market and cafe with the lovely pastries close by 😊

      Delete
  2. How fun your restaurant visit looks. My sister and I like to go to restaurants we have never visited as well but now we are having to go further out to find them (we live in small towns). The sandwich looks good as does the ice cream. Happy T-day, CJ, and hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teague and I will eventually run out of restaurants that are close by, too.

      Delete
  3. What a great day out! How could I have missed chocolate ice cream day?
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a meme reminding everyone of the date. Someone had commented every day is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day 😺

      Delete
  4. Don’t you love being the youngest of the senior set. Of course you’re not part of the senior set yet, not even close 😜. And chocolate ice cream in national chocolate ice cream day sounds delicious. I hope you have a dry and nice T day. Your favorite weather is on its way, but I hope this weather isn’t a sign of the summer to come. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I’m worried that we’re going to be in for a cool, wet Summer

      Delete
  5. The YOUNGEST in the restaurant! WOW! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don’t know whether to laugh or cry

      Delete
  6. Ohhh what a cool place. James Dean for me, Mr. M's favorite movie of all time. Forbidden Planet. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite movie of all time is “The Day the Earth Stood Still” I’ll need to go back to the restaurant to see if there’s a movie poster - CJ

      Delete
  7. What a fun idea to boldly... :-)
    Stylish one and woah, that burger looks great, YUM.
    Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chicken sandwich was ausgezeichnet!

      Delete
  8. Totally Unaware Of Ice Cream Day - Love The Tour With Photos - Fabulous Post - Thank You

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve been told that every day is (chocolate) ice cream day - CJ

      Delete
  9. The posters are wonderful. Good movies all. That chicken sandwich is crazy sounding, but I bet it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the movie posters - CJ

      Delete
  10. Chocolate Brownie Blizzard sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the chocolate brownie blizzard was soooo good. - CJ

      Delete
  11. I'll also have a Larry Bird chicken sandwich. It sounds wonderful. My friend who would bet me every time the Lakers played the Celtics would have also loved that place and the Larry Bird sandwich. We never bet money, just bragging rights, especially when it came to the championships. He would have loved that restaurant. It sounds like the movie posters were good, too.

    That DQ Blizzard looks delicious. Now I want ice cream. It's hotter than Hades here. You would love it. I hate it.

    Thanks for sharing your trip to Medway Cafe, your sandwich, the posters, and your iced tea and Blizzard with us for T this Tuesday, dear CJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous of your weather. It's been cool, rainy, or grey most of June. I hope this isn't a prelude for us for the Summer

      Delete
    2. I would take your weather any day over my muggy, nasty heat. Can't/won't go outside because of the nearly 100 degree F temp today.

      Delete
  12. I just had some chocolate ice cream before visiting your blog. :) We have a favorite place we like decorated with posters like James Dean. We eat a great chilli burger there and fries. Your Larry Bird sandwich looks great. Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those posters ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a fun place to eat, love the movie posters. I had a good look at the placemat and recognised maybe 6 people so I would lose at celebrity placemat trivia lol. Sorry for my lateness, I've been out all week. Happy belated T Day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We weren't sure about all the celebrities, either 😺

      Delete