Thursday, June 1, 2023

What Do You Do?

 

What do you do when you're not sure of the direction your artwork is to take? You make (colored) photocopies so you can work things out without working directly on the original.

In the example above, the original is on the left. I made two color copies. On the middle copy, I started drawing leaf and flower shapes. On the right, I drew some flourishes to suggest a heart shape.

You could also scan your artwork into your computer to use in a drawing program like Photoshop or Procreate.

What do you do?

13 comments:

  1. That's exactly what I do! (Great minds! 😊)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look great.
    I have no printer and no photoshop anymore. Just a cheapy program from... oh, oooooold. And the online tools... nah, I just throw away when I don´t like the outcome and see it as a learning lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I thought it was brilliant when I learned about it eons ago.

      Delete
  4. Nicely done. However, besides needing a new fridge, my scanner has quit scanning. A real pain when ICADs are just coming out. I hate taking photos in my kitchen and cropping them. UGH. I don't think my scanner is still under warranty, but I will have to check.

    I like how you recreated yours and I know the end results will be fabulous.

    You asked about the 2 missing numbers on my post yesterday. I didn't even notice they were missing until I started putting the leather on the page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea. - Anne (Cornucopia)

    ReplyDelete