Wednesday, July 8, 2026

A Journal

 

I've been keeping this journal since the Fall of 2023. I have thought of sharing this journal off and on for quite sometime, but I wasn't ready. Until now.


Life happens. You get news. Not the kind of news like you just won a million dollars, but something that stops you in your tracks. What do you do? You just keep rowing your boat as best you can.


This journal is about my journey with DCIS. Ductal Carcinoma in Situ. A form of breast cancer. I didn't tell many people. Family, a handful of close friends. I didn't even tell my bosses at the museum where I teach. Somewhere along the line after much prodding and poking, I decided the My DCIS Journey was too boring so retitled the journal Adventures of the Poor, Little Boob.

The Poor, Little Boob is cancer-free and still has another year of taking hormone therapy and being monitored by an oncologist. My target date for ending the medication is June1, 2027

15 comments:

  1. Oh, why, thank you for the earworm! ;-)
    What a very scary post, though. I wish you all the very best and yes. I was to see my doc in April. Maybe should make an app... Or rather not. Hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, don't miss the appointment especially if it is for a routine, yearly mammogram.

      Delete
  2. Oh CJ..... i'm glad you decided to share.. ' poor little boob' is a much better title... you must be so relieved... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO glad you are cancer free. And so happy for your poor little boob!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think keeping this journal was a super smart thing to do! And of course, I love seeing these 2 pages. You illustrated them perfectly. And it helps dealing with things? I'm guessing it does. Thanks for sharing this and definitely Enjoy this lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The journal was helpful as there was a lot to process and it was a good place to vent.

      Delete
  5. being cancer free is THE best news, and knock wood and toss salt, your journal finishes in the future with the ending: “and cancer free now for………years”. 💚💚💚💚
    ( fill in the blank, 30, 47, 63‼️‼️🦋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, FSG and Mack. Your sentiment made me smile.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing this.

    I was so pleased to read that 'The Poor, Little Boob' is cancer-free, although still has another year of hormone therapy. Sounds like you are being closely monitored by an oncologist...which is great.
    Sending lots of good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My care team has been so supportive. Just what a Poor Little Boob needs 😉

      Delete
  7. PLB will be glad to reach the end of a long journey. Keep well.

    ReplyDelete