Hollyhock. Mitty's favorite. He liked to take shade under the broad leaves
Corn
Field Mustard
Hosta
Fool's Parsley
Wild Parsnip
Petunias in the kitty planter and Dido
A large sunflower.
I was going to take more pictures of Himself's farm but as I walked out back, there were a ton of small bees buzzing close to the ground. I think there must be a ground nest close by. I'm allergic to bee sting so didn't want to test out the new epi pen the allergy specialist ordered for me.
How does your garden grow?

I'm in love with your hollyhock. I used to have several until my neighbor put up his new fence.
ReplyDeleteAnd your hosta is blooming. Mine had only bloomed once in all the years I've had it.
Wow to the sunflower, too. Sorry to read you are allergic to bee stings. Me, too!
The sunflower was gifted from a bird or a critter
DeleteI didn't see the pop up that tells my comment has been saved.
ReplyDeleteIt was saved
DeleteHollyhocks are real cottage garden flowers and I always enjoy seeing them. I could try growing some . . .
ReplyDeleteThey seem to require little maintenance
DeleteNot one of my sunflowers came up, so I really enjoyed yours. The garden is looking great CJ. I love seeing it all, and I love that you have corn too. Enjoy this beautiful day!
ReplyDeleteThe large sunflower in the pot was gifted by a bird or some critter. Hopefully, the goldfinches won't eat the petals
DeleteOOooo i wouldn't want to test that epi pen either!!! You know what hasn't been around alot this year?? even hubby noticed it... wasps.... lots of potter wasps or mud daubers is what we call them... they don't sting.. Now i don't mind... wasps have a bad attitude in my opinion but strange to see them missing... My garden of SunFlowers are doing well as you saw from the blog.. LOVE your HollyHock... Do you eat FalseParsley and does it taste like parsley?? I'm tempted to try some Hosta too.. i think i have the perfect spot... the one bit of shade on the whole property... :) Hugs! deb
ReplyDeleteI don't know what Himself planted in the pot or if he knows. I'm guessing it's a weed, but I'll have to ask Himself if he intentionally planted these things
DeleteHimself is doing a bang up job! Well done! 🙂
ReplyDeleteYes, he is.
Deletesurprised you have petunia....they are a "delicacy" round
ReplyDeletethese here parts for every rabbit within a ten mile radius ~~~
The petunias are in containers so the critters can't really get to them.
DeleteWhat a lovely colour the hollyhock is.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
They are pretty
DeleteA bee nest on the ground? Now that sounds scary! I managed to get some "offspring" of the 1974-wood strawberries to soil and it seems they manage - yippee!
ReplyDeleteCool! I hope you get lots of wood strawberries
DeleteYour gardens look fantastic! I love the kitty planter. Ugh on the bees.
ReplyDelete