After running the "What do you feel like doin', Marty?" lines (from the 1955 movie, Marty, starring Ernest Borgnine, we ended up at the Shore Road Restaurant in York Beach, Maine. I had another Connecticut Lobster Roll, home-made potato chips, and a ginger ale.
After lunch, we drove over to Nubble Light. In all of the times that I've been to see the lighthouse, I've never seen it with fog rolling in. This might have been the day that I chatted with an older couple (probably the same age or even a few years younger than me!). They had ridden up on a motorcycle. The fella told me they had been up there the day before. He said the fog was so thick, you couldn't even see the lighthouse.
The fog bank rolling in reminded me of one of my favorite movies, The Incredible Shrinking Man.
Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.
I never get tired of Nubble Light. I used to live down the road in a winter rental that I had for a couple of years in my 20's. And I never get tired of a lobster roll either. Especially since I've only been to Pop's once so far this year and I have not yet had a lobster roll and I want one. :) Your photos look lovely and it's it great how a pal can show you something different even after some time passes? have a super T day.
ReplyDeleteYou better hurry and get your lobster roll. Summer is half over and going by fast!
DeleteWhen you know what you like to eat, why change it for something you might not enjoy as much?
ReplyDeleteWise. I just thought everyone would be bored about my having another lobster roll for T Day
DeleteThis is me, most places I eat frequently at I get the same thing because I anyway know it's delicious
DeleteI´m shrinking - not that bad, but Ingo doesn´t play along! Happy T-Day.
ReplyDeleteIngo is too serious
DeleteReminded me of the incredible fog banks i saw when we lived in CA... One time we were socked in for two weeks straight... We drove to MT. Diablo to get above it all.. It was some kind of relief to get out of it after two weeks.. Hugs! deb
ReplyDeleteI've never been in fog that lasts more than a day
DeleteI wish I could reach into my monitor and grab that lunch! YUM!
ReplyDeleteYou'd also want to step into the picture to enjoy lunch outside the restaurant
DeleteThanks for letting me know about my T day link. That's what happens when I try to do anything in the evening. :) Ha ha.
ReplyDeleteYou are not alone. I have that problem too 😂
DeleteReally lovely photos. I would like to try a lobster roll. They always look so good.
ReplyDeleteThey are so good.
Delete