Thursday, June 7, 2007

Fixtures and Tile


What an overwhelming process picking out fixtures and tile can be. I pretty much knew what I wanted as far as shower, sink, toilet, faucets went. Though I imagine I drove the bath consultant nutty telling her no grooves.


Tile turned out to be another matter. I had in my head a pattern called Dot and Octagon with white octagons and cobalt blue diamonds. At one tile place, we saw the pattern, but it made us bothWhoa as the octagons and dots were tiny. We went to Best Tile, formerly Boston Tile. It was like walking into a museum. The floors, walls, displays were covered with gorgeous tile, stone, mosaic. The possibilities were endless if you had the Money 6 and the room. Mostly what we saw was meant for the McMansions and not our little dollhouse. I complained to Himself that poor people need tile too. He said I should start a company. I came up with the name Porpie. Laughing 1 Best Tile had beautiful tile, but I had that octagon and dot pattern stuck in my head. Himself suggest we could do the same thing with 4" x 4" white and cobalt tiles. The tile guy would be able to nip the tiles, but that would add to the cost of the job. I left disappointed.


Later, I was sitting in the sunroom playing on the laptop and found a folder labeled bath which I obviously had saved during an Internet hunt. Lo and behold, there was the octagon and dot pattern at Lowe's. We went to check it out and the octagons and dots were a bigger size so people won't Faint when they go into the bathroom. I left a happy Princess that is until the estimate for the bath fixtures arrives. I'll probably need a difribulator.






4 comments:

  1. Yay! I hate it when I have something in my head and I either can't find it or can't afford it when I do. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey... I replied to this yesterday. It seems to have disappeared. I was saying the fun in home renovation is the dreaming and planning... reality of paying is always the ugly part. Hence I don't do anything. *grin* Can't wait to see the end results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard when you can't find what you really want. I get that way with projects--have an idea in my head and stay fixated until it looks like my dream. Hope yours looks as good in the dollhouse as in your imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've yet to remodel anything. Though I did help my oldest sister n law redo 4 bedroom's in her home. :D(lotsa' hard work!OMG!)She was fed up with her kids not keeping the carpet clean in their rooms so she wanted all the carpet pulled and replaced it all with tile(the do it yourself tile, that you just peel the back sheet off and slap down)lol~ and I helped her with 2 bedrooms. I purposely stayed away for the other two rooms...lmao! Pulling up carpet is hard work!! So have fun and I am glad you found the tile that was stuck inside your head. :D. LoL@ poor ppl need tile too...2 funny!

    ReplyDelete