Tuesday, August 22, 2017

T Stands For Anniversary

Friday last, Himself and I celebrated our 32nd anniversary. We had talked earlier in the year about spending our anniversary in Boston. We were going to go to the observation platform of the Prudential Tower and then have dinner at Top of The Hub restaurant with spectacular views of the city. As an aside, Boston's nickname is The Hub and not because the city is laid out in a spoke and wheel pattern, but because it's The Hub of the Universe. (-;

Himself began having problems with his back and having to use a cane to walk. He's been seeing a round of doctors and lots of tests. A trip into town would entail too much walking so plans changed.


We began the morning early with an exchange of cards left at each other's computer so we'd be sure to find them. My card to him with the baby goats (I call Himself "Kid") says Me (how I sign my emails to him) and you. We just goat together. :-D

Then out the door to drop the Eldest at the train station. She was spending her day off in Boston with some friends. After the train station, we headed to Newton-Wellesley hospital as Himself hand an appointment with another neurologist. On the way through the hospital maze, we passed by the hospital gift shop. Himself said, I found the perfect gift for you. Take a look at this. It was a tee-shirt and we both laughed. Maybe for Christmas, he said.

While Himself saw the doctor, I sat in the waiting room and worked on a crochet project. The doctor ordered another X-ray so we made our way to Imaging. With so many X-rays, CT Scans, MRI's, Himself is positively glowing. After the X-ray, we tried to follow our bread crumbs through the hospital to the parking garage. As we passed the gift shop, Himself said, I have to get you that tee-shirt. So he gave me an impulse buy anniversary gift.


From the hospital, we headed West towards home with a stop for brunch at a new IHOP (International House of Pancakes) There's an IHOP not too far away from us in White City (a section of Worcester) but it is cramped and in desperate need of a face-lift. Not a place the Little Princess likes to go even if the food is good.



When we arrived, the parking lot was full and the restaurant packed. No Time Lord technology here as the restaurant wasn't bigger on the inside. It was clean and nicely appointed so garnered an LPA (Little Princess Approval)


A welcome cuppa for me and a Pepsi for Himself.


Two weeks ago when Himself told me about the new IHOP, I saw an advertisement on television for IHOP's new French toasted donuts. Serendipity. So we both ordered the Apple Fritter French Toasted Donut. I had this as a combo with scrambled egg, bacon, and hash browns. Himself had pancakes, sausage, and an omlette. With this much food, we were good to go for the entire day.

After bruch, we headed to the cinema to see 


The Dark Tower based on the series by author, Stephen King.


We don't usually see movies at this theater as it's not close by, but we were in the area and decided to see a movie before heading home. What we didn't know was this theater is plush and offers Dine-In movies. The seats are wide, comfortable and recline.


Seats also had a swing out tray table. Reminded me of a baby's high chair.



The menu offered everything you could think of to eat. Appetizers, entree's cocktails, soft drinks, and desserts. And all brought to your seat at the push of a call button. But we had already eaten enough for a week and couldn't even manage a sip of water. We settled into our seats and watched the movie.

In my younger days, I read a lot of Stephen King. Even read the books he had written under the pen name, Richard Bachman. For some reason, I never got around to reading the Dark Tower series.

I thought the movie started a bit slow. Not a surprise since the background of the series had to be told. Once the action started, it was riveting. And what's not to like? Cowboys, demons, and an alien. parallel universe., Arthurian myth (how could I have missed this!?) and the Gunslinger's code.

Idris Elba as The Last Gunslinger, Roland Deschaine of Gilead ( descendant of King Arthur) on a quest of revenge against, The Man in Black played by Matthew McConaughey from toppling the Dark Tower which holds the universe together. Caught in the middle is the boy, Jake from New York, with The Shine, astonishing psychic abilities.

I thought Idris Elba was fabulous as the Last Gunslinger. Didn't mince words and quick on the draw. So much like Randolph Scott, Gary Cooper, and The Duke.

I've only seen Matthew McConaughey as a Southern gentleman good guy. So was stunned at his quiet, dark villain. Deliciously chilling.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

36 comments:

  1. Congrats on your anniversary! Sounds like you had a great day out. Sorry your other half is having back problems, and hope things soon get better. The food at IHOP looks great, good that I have just breakfasted or I would be having cravings. LOVE that shirt! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Valerie. That's the one thing I don't like about the T posts, I end up so hungry reading everyone's posts :-D

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fun day! Belated happy anniversary wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its been decades since I've been in the White City IHOP and I think it was icky back then too. Sounds like you had a good anniversary even if you did have to spend time in the hospital (hope the hubby's back is better or improving) and you didn't get to the Hub. I know lots of people would disagree but Boston is the Hub for us New Englanders. Loving the T shirt a lot. I would work in my world too. :) I'm off to Worcester today to visit my mom since once I'm back to school it's harder to get down there. Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another visit to the doctor today, hopefully the x-rqay will give some answers. Enjoy your visit with your mom.

      Delete
  4. Happy anniversary!! Too bad about hubby's back. I do hope a remedy can be found to alleviate the pain. Looks like you made the best of the day though. OMG, I LOVE that tee-hysterical, and so true!! Now i wouldn't mind going to see a movie in such a theater as this one. Glad you had a nice time. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The theater seats are very comfy, and you have to fight the urge to take a nap.

      Delete
  5. Happy belated Anniversary! Your cards are adorable and I love that you have nicknames for each other, me and my hubby do too 😁. Your t-shirt is perfect and that's so thoughtful of your hubby to buy it for you! Oh my, that Apple Fritter French Toasted Donut looks so amazing - yum! Then the cinema too, sounds like a wonderful celebration 😁. Thanks for sharing your special day and wishing you a very Happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow i missed the Dark Tower series too and i'm a Stephen King fan myself... Thank you so much for your review... I may see it when it comes out in video.. and take a look for the books... Have you seen Reign of Fire with Matthew Mc in it??? He is hardly recognizable.. but oooohh so good!! Happy happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, haven't heard of that movie. Will have to check it out.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on your anniversary! That T-shirt is PERFECT for you....yay to Himself for getting it for you! A perfect day of celebration. (Hope all Himself's tests are okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the bright side, all the tests have come back negative, but the doc's can't figure out why he's having problems. Frustrating

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on your anniversary! :-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanky you for the wishes and for dropping by my blog

      Delete
  9. Happy anniversary. I hope it was as fun as the photos and your commentary. I laughed the entire way through.

    I had a bad experience at an IHOP in my town, and have not been back since. Sorry I can't say anything good about IHOP, because of the bad experience both Sally and I had there. And if Sally had a bad experience, you KNOW it was bad. Because she usually never complains.

    I did laugh that your husband was practically glowing. I hope all the tests were actually useful and they can determine what is causing his back pain.

    I've seen a few good Stephen King movies, but never heard of this one. Glad you enjoyed it. LOVED the tee. It was definitely YOU!

    Thanks for sharing your anniversary, your time at the the cinema, and your yummy looking food (even if it WAS from IHOP), and tea and pepsi with us for T this Tuesday. Again, happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad about a lousy experience at IHOP. It's one reason I didn't want to go the the restaurant in White City. It looks dirty so you wonder about things. Thanks for the anniversary wishes.

      Delete
  10. Happy Anniversary!!!!! Glad you had a good day.
    We may have to try Dark Tower since you gave it the thumbs up. The movie theater sounds fabulous!
    The HH has back issues too. He periodically gets the pain block shots. Hope Himself gets squared away soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was some talk about a cortisone shot, but they are no thinking the problem is in his neck and not back. They didn't want to inject into the neck.

      Delete
  11. Happy anniversary, you guys! I hope the doctors can do something about the back pain and difficulty walking. That's a very cute and clever card, CJ. The tee-shirt is a hoot!

    I've not read the Dark Tower series either. Great movie review. I'll be watching for it to arrive here.

    Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love puns and Himself hates cards that rhyme or are mushy. So we're a good marriage. :-D

      Delete
  12. Happy Anniversary to you both and it certainly sounded like you did something a bit different on the big day..hope your hubby's back gets sorted soon.

    Lovely food and it looks like a nice place to eat


    Happy T Day

    Love Chrissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy anniversary! Sounds like you had a wonderful celebration. I've seen those ads and have wondered what French Toasted Donuts were. That movie theater sounds like it has every comfort. I enjoyed hearing your take on a movie I've seen.

    Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The French toasted donuts are awesome even if they are a heart attack on a plate. :-D

      Delete
  14. Happy Anniversary. I like I-Hop, and end up there a lot when I'm by myself.......as I seem to be the only family member that likes it!! I saw the trailer to that movie, thought it looked interesting.....I like anything sifi and weird.
    Happy T-day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sci-fi and weird, you'll be sure to enjoy Dark Tower.

      Delete
  15. Congratulations on your Anniversary. You had quite a day and I hope your husbands hospital tests went well.
    The food you had sounds delicious.
    What a a great cinema to serve food as you watch the film and comfy seats as well. I did enjoy reading your post today.
    Happy T day.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The seats were really cushy at the theater. Not sure I would like to eat a meal there. I usually don't like to eat at the theater as the food is usually overpriced.

      Delete
  16. Congratulations on your anniversary, glad you had a nice day out despite hospital tests. I do hope your hubby is doing better soon. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dianne. Next appointment for Himself is in two weeks. Hopefully, he will have some answers by then

      Delete
  17. Congrats on your anniversary and hope your hubs health improves. mine took a fall a few weeks ago and is still using his cane as well.
    I think improptu gifts are the most fun
    we have not been to a movie in years and year-my hubs loves that author so he would have loved the movie
    Happy T Day Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy anniversary! What a great day! Love the t-shirt! The food looks so yummy! How was the donut? I love the theatre you went too. I should see if we have something like that! I hope your hubby is going to be ok!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary! Shame about the poor start but best not canceling appointments, and you wouldn't have got such a cute Gift! I-Hop looks like my sort of place - your meals looks delicious! As for 'The Dark Tower', we went to see it the other week, hubby's choice and I did enjoy it, Idris Elba partly responsible for that! A very belated Happy T Day , Chrisx

    ReplyDelete