Saturday, July 28, 2018

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:

Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in alphabetical order:


The Bedford Incident (1965) Richard Widmark 😻, Sidney Poitier

If you haven't seen the movie, it's available on Amazon:  

15 comments:

  1. Guess what! I haven't seen this one either....Enjoy the weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great 😁. Thanks for the recommendation and happy weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of it. Have no idea what it's like, or even the genre.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This photo you posted looks very familiar. My husband loves navy dramas-last night he was rooting for one of the Indianapolis, the battleship that went down during WWII and many men lost their lives to the sharks that were in the water. I didn't think Friday night was a good time for that. I need to put this on-I happen to like Sidney Poitier saw him in a film the other other-the oldie Guess Who's Coming for Dinner. Hope you have a great Saturday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting tidbid. Richard Widmark and Sidney Poitier were best friends. They made 3 movies together. "No Way Out" (where they met), "The Long Ships", "The Bedford Incident"

      Delete
  5. Not really into Cold War drama, but Widmark/Poitier make it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this one and Cold War films (or any war films) aren't really my cup of tea, but honestly if I couldn't broaden my horizons my life would be very boring :) I love hearing about a film for the first time. That cast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cast is great. The acting, dialogue. An edge of your seat drama.

      Delete
  7. I don't remember this one at all looks like something my husband would enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like I said CJ, you are keeping my summer busy! LOL! Thanks for all the movies!

    ReplyDelete