Saturday, July 7, 2018

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:

Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in roughly alphabetical order:


Arscenic and Old Lace, (1944), Cary Grant, Priscilla Lane

I wasn't able to find a free or paid version online, so if you haven't seen this movie, check your local library's collection of DVDs.

18 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is a film I have actually seen and liked! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like another movie I need to check out. I love comedies and this one looks interesting to me. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh CJ.. Its one of my favorite old movies... I'd love to get a copy of it.. i haven't seen it in so long..lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried lookong on TCM.com. They only have it in a collection for $79

      Delete
  4. Never seen this one! It looks so funny and one to watch 😁. Thanks for the recommendation and wishing you a happy weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, this one's a classic, isn't it! I love dark comedies, and Peter Lorre is in this one :) Fun :)

    It looks like Warner has it on Youtube on demand for $3.00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TIvXE04AF8

    I'm loving your film series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip and glad you’re enjoying the series

      Delete
  6. I've not seen this and know nothing about it. Thanks for sharing it with us, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a fun romp with a Halloween theme, but laugh out loud funny anytime of the year

      Delete
  7. I haven't seen this one, but looks great and I have read the comments, it has alot of fans! Will have to look for it!

    ReplyDelete