Monday, October 23, 2017

The Great Upheaval


Last Thanksgiving, the plan was to paint all the rooms in the house. We managed to paint one wall in the dining room  and then as usual plans changed. Installation of solar panels happened and then, Himself decided we should put in the mini-splits. We got a zero interest loan through Mass Save and decided not only to install the  mini-splits, but a new furnace as the furnace we have is nearing the end of its life. And while we were at it, we'd replace the old, original to the house (55 yrs old),ugly baseboard heaters. Seemed silly to paint with all the destruction to take place.

I emptied and moved Ma's curio cabinet before I thought of taking pictures of the room. You can see the edge of the curio cabinet on the right side of the picture.


The mini-splits were installed during the Summer and this week the new furnace and baseboard heaters. All the furniture has to be moved away from the walls.  Which also meant the items in the curio cabinets had to be taken out, furniture moved to the opposite side of the room, and stuff put back in the cabinets.



We found Ink's stash of mice when we moved the corner curio cabinet. I thought they ended up under the fridge, but obviously, this was the choice spot.



Loveseat and chairs moved to the center of the living room. Curio cabinets were move to the opposite side of the room in front of the piano. There is no baseboard along that side of the wall.

Furnace and baseboard installation in all rooms is supposed to take a solid week. Next week, I'll be able to start painting rooms. Unless we come up with another project.

15 comments:

  1. Good for you. I have some projects like that I need to do. It is just getting the ambition to start, so I know what you mean. How was that finding inks mouse stash? Emotional? Hope you have a great Monday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding the stash was funny and made me laugh. Course, I'm embarrassed now when I see the amount of dirt in the photo.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like there will be no time for boredom at your place! Your Mom's curio cabinet is beautiful, and the collection of mice absolutely amazing! You must miss Ink very much. Good luck with the remaining home improvements! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The curio in the picture is mine. I had already moved Ma's cabinet before I thought to take a picture.

      A day hasn't gone by that I don't miss Ink.

      Delete
  3. Oh, that's too funny! The mice I mean....we will never understand the thinking of a cat. ;)
    I feel your pain about house projects. I've been sitting in disarray for months...and it will be months more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He liked to hang out under the chair by the curio cabinet. I thought it was because it was warm by the heater. Maybe he was really guarding his stash! :-D

      The good thing about the disarray, my poor housekeeping skills won't be questioned. :-D

      Delete
  4. Good luck on the project. I am sure it will be lovely. Then you can create some things, calligraphy, art and crochet in newly refreshed surroundings!πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's a lot of mice and so heartwarming as it seems Ink wanted to keep his keepsakes with yours by keeping them under your curio cabinet - perfect 😁. All the best with your painting projects and wishing you a happy new week! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sweet that Ink had a spot to stash his mice. You were a good mom to keep him supplied;)
    I hate emptying curio cabinets.
    Your house is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was so funny about the mice! LOL! Ink had a good spot! LOL!
    Have fun with the renovations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. huge job, and Yes many mice end up many micies places...just ask the cats..lol lol

    ReplyDelete