Tuesday, October 31, 2017

T Stands for 20 Things About Ink

Ink patiently waits for the tea party to begin.
The tea service is Ma's prized Rosethal china.
The pattern is called  Caprice.
Today would have been Ink's 20th birthday. So for T Stands for Tuesday 20 things about Ink.

1. We got him as a kitten in December. He was the runt of his litter. We don't know when his real birthday was just that he was born in October. The girlies thought a black cat's birthday must be on Halloween so that became Ink's birthday.

2. He had a sweet tooth and was fond of yellow cake or muffins, vanilla ice cream, and vanilla yogurt.

3. He was so little when we first got him that his jaws weren't strong enough to crunch the kitty kibble. On the advice of the vet, I cooked Ink scrambled eggs and oatmeal for the first two or three weeks. Himself was a little jealous I cooked breakfast for the cat but not for Himself.

4. Ink was allergic to seafood. He loved it, but seafood didn't love him.

5. He once growled at a UPS delivery man putting a package on the front steps. He had never growled at anyone before and never did after this incident. I have no idea what bothered him as the man never came into the house. Maybe Ink just didn't like the color brown.

6. He didn't really play with a lot of cat toys though he enjoyed chewing the leather tails off of some tiny, toy mice I found at Target,

7. He had a plastic fetish. To satisfy his plastic tooth, his favorite toys were plastic, bendy drinking straws. He also liked to chew on the handles of plastic bags.

8. Though he was affectionate with other family members, he imprinted on me. He would wander the house crying looking for me if I went out. Maybe I imprinted on him.

9. He was very vocal and he talked. Very clearly, he could say "Out" when he wanted to go out into the sun room or front porch. "Now" or emphatically "NOW" when he wanted to take a nap with me or wanted me to go to bed at night. He wouldn't nap or sleep in the bedroom unless I was there.

10. When I wasn't looking, he liked to jump up on the drafting table to drink the dirty, ink or paint water.

11. He ate too fast. To slow him down, we put a golf ball in the middle of his dish. When the kibble got low in the bowl, he would use his paw to scoop out kibble onto the floor.

12. A visit to the vet wasn't his favorite place to go. He didn't like the cat carrier or the ride in the car. Only one time at the vet did he turn into a demon kitty. When the male technician began the prelim exam, Ink growled and flattened his ears. I also thought his eyes turned red. It only happened one time and the only time with the male tech. I have no idea why because the first vet we used to go to was male and Ink never did this.

13. Working at the computer downstairs was his signal for cuddle time. He liked to sit in your lap while you worked (or tried to work). The Young One taught him this trick. The Eldest called the computer the cuddle box.

14. When he was little he used to jump up on the table to steal broccoli. He liked it, but it didn't like him.

15. When he was little he jumped up on the table and stole a steak off Himself''s plate. Tried to run away to savor the treat that was bigger than he was. He didn't get very far and Himself wasn't amused.

16. Ink's favorite cuddle times during the day were 4:30 AM and 11:00 PM.

17. If he was displeased about something (not enough attention or getting locked out of a room), he would leave a poop 💩 in front of a bedroom door or on the bathroom floor next to his litter box.

18. He sometimes sat near me at the dinner table and begged giving me big kitty eyes. Then he would place his paw on my knee, stretch up, and check out if there was something tasty close to the edge of the table he could nab.

19. He didn't like to be held cradled like a baby. He liked to be held upright looking over your shoulder. Sometimes, he would climb up and sit on my shoulder. Who needs a parrot?

20. He sometimes snored when he slept. He sounded like a squeaky toy.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

30 comments:

  1. Wow- in lived a long life. And it sounds like a good life too. :) One thing I love about cats is they have distinct personality traits. I lost my cat in July of 2015 and I really want a new one-finally I am ready-but one of our dogs can be a little protective and I worry about a kitten. He never had problems with our cat, but he wasn't living here full time with us then as he was living with our daughter. Happy Ink's birthday. Your daughter's picked a great day and I hope you do something special in his memory. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be baking a batch of his favorite yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting and a black cat candy face I found in the cake decorating aisle

      Delete
  2. What wonderful stories about Ink, he sounds like he was a darling most of the time. My Kitty was 22 when she died, so I know how it is to lose a treasured member of the family with four legs. Thanks for sharing these fun cat tales! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When he was young he had a piss-poor personality. He got more affectionate as he got older. Aloof or cuddly, he was my familiar

      Delete
  3. I loved learning about your Ink cats can live a very long time, we have miss calico that we figured is at least 15 years now if not more.
    so hard to lose a furry family member-hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing how a little ball of fluff can effect us so

      Delete
  4. What wonderful thoughts, tidbits and memories of Ink. Our precious pets leave such imprints on our hearts don't they...
    Happy T day and thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. The oldest kitty I have ever been blessed to share my life with was my very first cat (a female Maine Coon rescue my friend found in the woods and gave to me for a good home) was Sabrina who lived to be 17 yeas old. She was very comfortable around dogs as well as is typical for this breed of cat.

    Ink sounds like a quite a unique little man. Thank you for sharing more about your life with him with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maine Coon cats are so cool. I have never been owned by one.

      Delete
  6. Such wonderful stories of Ink... We have a black cat named Jinx... He is 13 i think...Alot of Ink's mannerisms made me think of him... Cats are wonderful people aren't they?? :) Happy T day CJ Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Well, maybe not the poops in front of the door
      =^,.^=

      Delete
  8. What a lovely china pattern, and it sets off Ink's color perfectly and makes a suitable place at the table for such a favored companion. How you must miss Ink! :(

    Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ink was always with me. Not necessarily in my lap all the time, but whatever room I was in. I do miss him terribly.

      Delete
  9. What a loving way to immortalize your beloved Ink. So glad we got to know him before he left us far too soon. I always enjoyed when Ink joined us for T and today is no different. Thanks for bringing out the best and worst of Ink. He will certainly not soon be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, I so enjoyed reading about Ink, he was such a darling friend and companion! Halloween does sound a fitting birthday too and he looks so cute waiting for his tea to be served ...lol 😉. That's a lovely tea service by the way! Happy Ink's Birthday and T Day wishes! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He loved being a part of things and was hoping to get a crumb of the cake.

      Delete
  11. What a wonderful retrospective of your beloved Ink. I joined the T-party group just a year before he passed away last December. So I really enjoyed reading about his long life and funny quirks. He truly was a special and unusual cat. He really spoke?! I wish I could have heard that. I've seen YouTube videos with real talking dogs and cats. It's amazing how clear and distinct some of the words coming out of their mouths can be!

    Gosh, this was a great post, CJ! You had me both laughing and crying. R.I.P., sweet Ink.

    Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People just think I'm a crazy cat lady when I mention Ink could talk. Well, I am a crazy cat lady, but he really could talk. And he understood what was being said to him.

      Delete
  12. He sure was a character! Bless him! I really enjoyed reading all of this CJ! My cat loved potatoe chips. He would just lick the salt off of them! LOL! I can't believe Ink liked broccoli?? I loved that he talked too! I love the picture of Ink, with the beautiful tea set! My Falco lived till 18 years. They sure are our fur babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ink also tried bananas and orange slices which he tried to steal. He liked them, but they didn't like him. My other cat, Mitty, loved peanut butter and a yellow cake my mother made. Love and miss the fur babies.

      Delete
  13. Thank you for sharing your memories about Ink. He a had a loving family to take care of him and I am sure he would have loved you all.
    Our pets are precious and live in our hearts long after they leave us.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was lovely to read about 'Ink' cats are certainly characters and Ink sounds as though he had a happy life! I still miss all of the pets we have ever had although we can't have any here in our apartment! Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you about sharing this lovely memories! He has certainly had a very good life with you!
    ♥♥♥
    I still miss the three cats I had during my younger years - they give us so much...

    ReplyDelete