Sunday, October 8, 2017

How Does Your Garden Grow?



Girls morning out. The turkey hens took a leisurely stroll across the backyard.


Timex rolled in the planter to get clean?


I'm not the only one trying to hang on to Summer. A tiny, dark blue bloom on the hydrangea


A little bird perched on the rain gauge to dry off after a dip in the birdbath.


The morning glories and I enjoyed the warm weather this week. Warm weather is predicted for this coming week, too, so maybe more of the blooms will erupt. 😸


The twig Himself planted several years ago has started to turn yellow and drop its leaves.


Some red color by the Leaf Lady's fence.

How does your garden grow?


10 comments:

  1. Your garden is looking good. Nice that it's warm, here it's cold, wet and windy.I loved seeing the turkey hens, we don't have them marching around here. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad its cold, wet, and windy there. That way, you'll stay in, rest up, and get 100% well.

      Delete
  2. I have roses, hydrangeas and chrysanthemums blooming. Otherwise everything is brown and starting to look pretty sad. I'd say your garden is looking very nice for October. We're so dry. I think the garden needs rain, but I guess tomorrow. I haven't seen the weather today though. Have a wonderful Sunday CJ. hugs-Erik

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little rain, tomorrow. Hope the warm weather stays through for another week or two.

      Delete
  3. Lovely to see the change of seasons. I miss that, thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how late in the year this autumn has lingered in summer. It's still nice and warm here, but it wasn't quite in the mid 90s yesterday as it was on Thursday when I went to Botanica.

    I love the photo of the bird on the rain gauge. In fact, I adore that rain gauge.

    Loving the tree over the fence in the last photo. Our trees never get that beautiful in KS. Hope your Sunday is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little bird was so cute fluffing his feather and flapping his wings to dry off. Peak colors for us will be in another couple of weeks and then the trees sometimes look like they are on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such great photos! I think Timex was taking the fleas off of him. I know the birds do it too for their feathers and mites. "Dust Bath". A lot of our trees up north are in full colour right now! This year has went by too fast! Enjoy your warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just photos I took with my cellphone. Dust bath. Can you say Ewww :-D The Summer certainly went by to quickly. Seasonable temps returning this week. And lots more color showing

      Delete