Saturday, August 11, 2018

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:

Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


Beowulf , 2007, Anthony Hopkins, Angelina Jolie

If you haven't seen this movie you can watch it paid on YouTube or "free" if you have an Amazon Prime membership 

If this movie isn't your cup of tea, see what Kathy in the Ozarks recommends.



15 comments:

  1. Sorry, haven't seen this one either. Have a fun weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not surprised as I don't think this film was in theaters.

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of this film, but I'm not surprised, because I am not a fan of Angelina Jolie. I DO like Anthony Hopkins, though.

    Keep them coming. I hope to join you next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since this is an animated version, well CGI, you don't really see any of the actors. Just hear their voices. Will look forward to you joining me next month

      Delete
  3. Not a fan of Jolie, but LOVE Tony Hopkins so I just may check this movie out this weekend. Thanks, CJ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, I am not familiar with this one-I do love Hopkins though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this one just went straight to DVD and was not shown in theaters.

      Delete
  5. I remember this one! I saw it years ago and blogged it at the time, but I never re-watched it. I do like the Beowulf story, and it's satisfying to see an attempt to bring it to modern audiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a spiced up version of the original saga.

      Delete
  6. I will check this out. I remember when it came out but never saw it. I can't believe it came out so long ago. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete