Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Buckeyes

Since the Eldest had to work second shift at the hospital, and we wouldn't have much time to spend with her during the week, we decided we would take up Moopa's invitation (Himself's college roommate) in South Carolina to spend some time with them.

Before heading down South, we headed four hours West to the Buckeye State aka Ohio. We dropped the Young One at her friend's house so she could spend the week.


As the Young One was getting out of the car, there was a doe on the far side of the yard. The doe leaped into the woods, and I didn't think I got a picture. but I did! See that thing behind the tree in the middle of the picture?

We headed to a Comfort Inn in


Yup, just like the name of my cowboy.


Deep sigh.

Anyway, Finnbadger, blog buddy and a Buckeye resident, had asked if I was treated well in Ohio. And indeed, we were. 

As we settled into our room at the Heath Comfort Inn, there was a horrible smell. A septic smell coming from a bathroom floor drain. I went to the main desk to ask if we could have another room. We were only staying over one night before heading South.

Not only did J.D., the desk clerk, arrange another room for us, but he arranged for us to stay in a suite.


We had a sitting room with a television and oddly, a Jacuzzi tub in the sitting room


and a King-size bed in a separate room with another television

Our stay was very pleasant. Though in the morning after showering, there was a faint whiff of septic gasses. We had reservations at the same Comfort Inn on the return journey. The staff was wonderful even remembered we had stayed with them at the beginning of the week. We didn't get the suite, but a regular room that was comfortable enough, but again as we were leaving that sewer gas whiff.  

Obviously, whoever plumbed the building didn't know how to vent sewer gasses properly. If we ever get back to that part of Ohio again, we'll find another hotel to stay at and not the Heath Comfort Inn.

26 comments:

  1. A jacuzzi in the living room sounds like fun! Sorry about the nasty smell, though, that's not good! The deer is so pretty. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After seeing all of KathyintheOzark's deer pictures, I wanted to see one. Very happy I was able to snap a pic.

      Delete
  2. Funny their name is health comfort inn and you could smell sewer gas. Not good health there. And funny there was a jacuzzi tub in he living area. Maybe so you could lounge and watch tv? Well next time you know better than to stay there. Happy T day even though I know you posted earlier. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not Health. Heath. No L. Yeah, I think the idea was to soak while watching tv. I hate baths so not my idea of fun.

      Delete
  3. I have never seem a jacuzzi in a hotel room before! That is a new one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaah CJ... Lee Majors was a handsome man back in the day...I enjoyed watching Big Valley... and still catch a show now and then.. Is that Katherine Ross in the photo?

    I'm glad they treated you so well in Heath... lol Happy T day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Katherine Ross' body with my high school year book pic morphed on. :-D

      Delete
  5. Bad smells are the worst - glad to hear you were relocated - and in princess style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was so cool to be recognized as a Little Princess :-D

      Delete
  6. Oh dear, not nice those smells. But it was great to have an unexpected suite. A jacuzzi in the living room, that is rather strange. Did they have any chandeliers to swing on?
    The name Heath does not mean anything to me but reading other comments, it must be a cowboy in a film played by Lee majors. I know Lee Majors only as the bionic million dollar man. Quite good looking in his day I remember.
    Happy T Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-D No chandeliers. We were surprised that the mid-range hotel had a suite. Before Lee Majors was the Six Million Dollar Man, he was Heath, the illegitimate son in The Big Valley.

      Delete
  7. A jacuzzi in the sitting room....sounds reminiscent of the 'no tell motels' that were so popular in the 70's....heart shaped bathtubs and mirrored ceilings....not that I would know about them.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been raining here this morning, and I was happy to see it. Your deer was pretty awesome, too.

    I once stayed in a place that had a jacuzzi near the bed. It was confusing to me, but I enjoyed relaxing in it anyway. Hope you took advantage of it, even if the foul scent from the other room was what got you there in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you finally got some much needed rain. Nope didn't use the jacuzzi. It would have taken days to fill. Besides, the idea of how many people might have used the tub and whether the jets are thoroughly cleaned grossed me out.

      Delete
  9. How cool to have a jacuzzi in the the sitting room....
    something different for sure! Loved the deer photo!
    Happy belated T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ewww, I'm surprised you gave the Comfort Inn another try on the way back even thought they were nice enough to relocate you to a less smelly room. The deer is very pretty. Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were hoping it was a fluke kind of thing.

      Delete
  11. I've never stayed in a place that had a jacuzzi. I think I'd rather take a bath in a separate room and move to the couch for the tv watching, but I've never used one. I'm probably missing out.

    What a shame about the smell. I would think someone would report it to the health department. Surely they can't pass an inspection with plumbing problems like that. A different hotel next time sounds like a great idea.

    I'm glad you got a shot of the deer. I only see them when I'm on vacation, so it's exciting when I do see them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A jacuzzi in the living room, sounds more like Las Vegas than Ohio ...lol 😉. Such a lovely suprise to find that you captured that pretty deer on your photo too. I can't wait to hear about the next installment of your travels! Have a great day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What happens in Vegas, Ohio, stays in vegas, Ohio 😸

      Delete
  13. Ok, I have to know, did you use the Jacuzzi, while watching t.v? I know I would have! LOL! That's too bad about the smell, because it looks like the place was very nice and the people were nice to you too!
    Love the deer photo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we didn’t use the jacuzzi. It was a long drive day 9 hrs. We were tired and the tub would have taken a long time to fill. Not to mention, I hate baths avd the idea of how many people used the tub and how thoroughly the jets were cleaned grossed me out

      Delete