Saturday, August 18, 2018

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


The Birds, (1963), Tippi Hedren, Rod Serling. Directed by Alfred Hitchcock

I couldn't find this movie available online. You can always check your local library to see if they have a DVD you can take out.

If this movie isn't your cup of tea, hop on over to Kathy in the Ozarks to see her pick this week.

18 comments:

  1. Yesssss, this is a film I have seen. It's scary so I like it. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. good morning, I remember this one-but never saw it happy saturday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never saw this one but I love Rod Serling so this one is a must see for me. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rod Serling isn't in this movie. The lead actor is Rod Taylor.

      Delete
  4. I saw that image on my blog list and all I could make out was the house, but I knew right away what movie you had this week. That house is such a symbol of the film. Yup, it's a good one. I also like Hitchcock's Rear Window too. Happy Saturday. Hope this rain clears out and this humidity breaks a bit. It is brutal right now. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hitch is good. There's a nice breeze in the sun room this morning. Sounds like the humidity will break for a day or two at the beginning of the week.

      Delete
  5. Hitchcock always made clever, scary movies...not just the gore and guts kind. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like obligatory gore in movies. I like Hitchcock because most of the horror takes place in your head and not on the screen.

      Delete
  6. The Birds! We have this on DVD. It's one of those that's always worth re-watching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially with someone who hasn't seen it. I watched it with The Young One and it freaked her out. :-D

      Delete
  7. I've never seen this one, but I remember someone telling me it was on TV more than a few years ago. It's definitely one I would love to see.

    ReplyDelete