Saturday, September 22, 2018

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies - Double Feature

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


Butch and Sundance, The Early Years (1979), William 😻 Katt, Tom Berenger which is the prequel (sort of to:)


Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) Paul Newman, Robert (Be Still My <3 ) Redford

If you haven't seen either of these movies you can watch a paid version of The Early Days at YouTube and also a paid version of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

If these movies aren't your cup of tea, you can check out what Kathy in the Ozarks recommends watching.

15 comments:

  1. OMGosh CJ LOVE these actors!! I've been a huge Robert Redford fan ! I just saw a recent interview where he says he is making his last movie with Sissy Spacek.. 'A man with a gun'.. I saw his 'A walk in the woods' with Nick Nolte and loved it.. Great movie choices!! Hugs~ deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His last movie looks good. And he and Nolte were fabulous together.

      Delete
  2. I saw that first film too and liked it as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen the early years of Butch and Sundance, but I just adore the movie with Redford and Newman. How could you not? I actually didn't even know there was an early years film. Is it hard to watch since it doesn't have those famous (and quite handsome) stars in it? Happy Saturday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. William Katt best remembered as The Greatest American Hero plays the Sundance Kid. He's awfully cute

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure I ever knew there was a prequel. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was more of a made for TV kind of movie. Entertaining.

      Delete
  5. Hey CJ, I've actually HEARD of this one, only the one with Redford and Newman. Probably a good choice. Too bad they aren't free (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm afraid I haven't seen these two either, but I have heard of them! Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard so much about this movie and never watched it! Bad Stacy! LOL! Thanks CJ!

    ReplyDelete