Saturday, October 6, 2018

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


Cheyenne Autumn (1964), Richard 😻 Widmark, Carroll Baker, Karl Malden, James Stewart

If you haven't seen this movie, you can rent it from Amazon

If this movie isn't your cup of tea, check out what Kathy in the Ozarks is recommending.

16 comments:

  1. Okay, I haven't seen it and I don't think I want to! Have a wonderful Saturday, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a good old western.
    Happy Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like a good 'ole western! And nobody did it better than Ford. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like westerns but haven't seen this one. I'll add it to my list. Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This film doesn't ring a bell to me, even though I used to watch a lot of older westerns (movies and tv shows) on tv with my dad. It's a good memory for me, even though I can't tell you bout this one. Enjoy the warmer weather tomorrow. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a western fan, and have never heard of most of the actors. I can't seem to get any of your recommendations right. Maybe one of these days, I will have heard of one that you share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you did hear of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid which was showcased a couple of weeks ago.

      Delete
    2. Ah, yes, I did hear of that. But most of these I've never heard of, and would LOVE to be able to say I actually SAW one. I haven't even seen Kathy's pick this week. I must live in a vacuum.

      Delete
    3. That's because you most likely didn't spend your formative years in front of the electronic babysitter. Ma worked. I was home alone so television was not off limits

      Delete
  7. Another one, I have to watch! Thanks CJ!

    ReplyDelete