Sunday, October 7, 2018

How Does Your Garden Grow?


A separate bowl of cheap inexpensive seed keeps Timex away from the premium seed in the bird feeder. When Time runs back to his hidey-hole with his cheeks full, the blue jays enjoy pecking the seed out of the bowl.


A carpet of red leaves from the swamp maple out front.


Hot and humid weather yields a perfect harvest of mushrooms.


The Japanese Maple dwarfed by the Swamp Maple


Almost 2 inches of rain for the week.


A loan Heath aster pokes its head through the grass.


The hot, humid, and rainy weather took a toll on Himself's garden. Timex at the few cherry tomatoes on the vine, and the lone cucumber looks pretty sad.


A carpet of yellow leaves from the choke cherries (black birch)


Color rises as a flush across the street.


An impossible blue sky


So much for Timex staying away from the seed in the bird feeder.


Corolla made a good model for an Inktober drawing.


The Halloween decorations are up in the front porch. 


At the end of the season last year, I found this black cat spinner on sale.


At Michael's, I found a kiddie decorating kit that came with a wooden witch and a cat. I colored the cat with Tombo brush markers and attached it with tape to the pumpkin that came with the Welcome sign.

How does your garden grow?

24 comments:

  1. Your Garden is looking good for Autumn. Love the Halloween spinner b the door. I think I need to start looking for my Halloween decorations....Timex is clever! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed all this pretty photos-especially the carpet of red leaves-which looks like a painting or an idea for my journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you show your journal if you use the leaf 🍁 🍁 idea

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous photos of your garden and yard. Love the Halloween decorations, too. Especially that black cat spinner!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the spinner, too and snapped it up when I saw it was on sale last year.

      Delete
  4. It is amazing how fast the color has come on this past week. But I guess it is that time of year. Love your kitty background here too. I love having some fall fun with Halloween. Oh and I saw a bunny the other day next to the school parking lot. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided I would decorate the blog according to the Seasons or holiday

      Delete
  5. Timex just wanted to make sure he was getting the same seeds as the birds! ;) (Are the mushrooms edible?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Timex is a greedy guts. I doubt the mushrooms are edible. Want to try? 😉

      Delete
  6. Those Autumn leaves are a joy to see! I saw a meme on Facebook the other day that said, "It's Fall in Memphis, and you know what that means. Nothing!" lol We're still having highs in the 90s. Trees are green, and the leaves that do fall are brown. Thank you for sharing these gorgeous photos! :)

    I've never seen dark mushrooms like that. Striking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen black mushrooms like that, either. And they weren't there last week.

      Delete
  7. Ah, autumn LOOKS like autumn in your world. What glorious colors from the maples and other trees that are turning. Your yard is carpeted with leaves that have also turned the ground an autumn color. It's so much more autumn like in your world right now, than in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The red maple leaves and the mushrooms look so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. those mushrooms are cool! i thought they were pine-cones at first.
    love your decor!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing place you stay. Thanks for sharing all these stunning photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful autumnal colours! I'm loving your seasonal decorations too, the Flying Lessons sign made me smile 😁. I hope you had a wonderful weekend and wishing you a happy new week! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flying lessons sign and the witch stay up year round (-:

      Delete
  12. I love Timex! He is so cute! I haven't been out feeding my chipmunks. I think they have disappeared to another yard! Love all the leaves on the ground! Tomorrow, we are suppose to have one of our hottest days! Crazy! I have to cut the lawn again! LOL! Excellent Halloween decorations!! Love the sky photo too! Corolla is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're supposed to get a couple of Summer-like days. I'm looking forward to it.

      Delete