Tuesday, October 2, 2018

T Stands for Second Time Around Vision Board.

From 14. July 2015:

Click on the picture to enlarge to see my drink reference.
It's on the verso page. Drinks are on a coffee table.
As part of The Art of Stress Relief class I'm teaching, we made vision boards of our safe, happy place.

As I pulled pictures from magazines my blue theme emerged. A studio on an island in a lighthouse. How cool would that be?

No Fresnel lens. Just a huge space with 360 degree view of the ocean. There would be a place to relax outside and a gazebo to work outside.

Inside, a clean, airy, organized studio. Lots of windows and lots of space for supplies. I'm pretty sure the silhouette of the woman, is the person who will clean up after me.
:-D

Of course, the location doesn't need to make sense or be well thought out. Like what happens during storms or winters on the island when the ferry can't get through with food and other supplies. Donner, party of four...

Do you have a happy place where you would live and/or work?

And from 8. October 2015:


Over the Summer, we made a vision board in my Art of Stress Relief class. We imagined a place we would like to be. A safe haven. My vision board involved a lighthouse studio. In one of the pictures, there was a shadowy figure by a table. I imagined this would be the person who would clean up after me.

I had always thought my perfect gift would be a wife. I've since had a change of heart and reflected on this. The (gift) wife would be the one that would do all the mundane tasks. Cooking, cleaning, laundry. Everything necessary to keep the house spinning like a top. I explained why I didn't want a maid as a maid would need a day off. A wife would be available 24/7.

However, just like the maid, the (gift) wife would need some time for herself. She'd also need someone to talk to, interact with, spend time with in order to keep her sanity. I don't need a wife. What I want is a Robby. Robby the Robot from Forbidden Planet. I don't want the evil Robby that guest starred an an episode of Lost in Space.

Why a robot? I wouldn't have to worry about dealing with feelings or feeling guilty. A robot is a machine. Robby would take care of all the mundane tasks and chores around the house. He could cook, clean, sew, and drive. I could spend my time creating, taking classes, going to art retreats and conferences, being lazy, going out to lunch, binge watching Doctor Who (wait, I already do that) Anyway, if you ask me what I want as a gift? I want Robby.

If you're looking for the drink reference, join me in the sitting area. There's a pitcher on the coffee table.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

It's your turn to play. From Elizabeth: Now it's time to share your Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable.  Join hosts Bleubeard and Elizabeth to see what else is being served up the Second Time Around.

33 comments:

  1. Your vision board is a hoot. I loved how Ink got into it, too. The robot and how you justified it was brilliant. I think this is an amazing entry and that HUGE Hershey bar would be just about big enough to get me through the day.

    Thanks for this combination T Stands For Tuesday and Second on the 2nd entry. Obviously, it's all new to me, so I'm glad you shared it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth. Ink followed me around from room to room so of course, I had to include him. Besides, I thought he'd be with me forever. I wish I had a huge space so friends could come over to play and share the chocolate. You would be most welcome.

      Delete
  2. Nice idea. I have my happy place where I live right now. No place is perfect, but I have good vibes living here. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your vision board and I think we all need to find our happy place. I always just enjoy staying home-warm safe and comfy. Happy second on the 2nd and T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I might already have my happy place.....a bit dusty at the moment....but when I try and think of the 'perfect' place I can't, so I must already be there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your board!! My happy place would be anywhere by the ocean -with a view:) Fun post. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those windows and that view! Lovely! Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome idea! I always say my happy place is my reiki room ... my little corner of the world. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your vision board looks great. I couldn't be live or stay in a lighthouse, so I will stick to my happy place, my home and my craftroom.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it is a fantasy. The reality is probably a very different thing. :-D

      Delete
  9. I love your vision board CJ! My happy place would be in nature, maybe a forest, log cabin and all I would do is create my paintings all day and night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a place where you would be able to see your beloved crows for more inspiration.

      Delete
  10. Oh i think i could think of the perfect place to be and i think it would be near the sea.. with lots of windows and space... Great post CJ happy t day! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your happy places and the idea of Robby. Speaking of which are they ever coming back to Netflex?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robby in Forbidden Planet? I have it on DVD. C'mon over

      Delete
  12. I love your vision board! With the sun in my craft room I am happy where I am - less so on rainy day as you can't ignore the drops on the window!Happy T day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to work in the basement so I really appreciate the sun in my new studio.

      Delete
  13. That stress relief class sounds like fun!I love the idea of using pictures and such from magazines. I find cutting to be relaxing in itself. Loved your pages.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the Stress Relief class we did some QiGong (breathing exercises) and then did some art journal techniques. It was lots of fun.

      Delete
  14. I am really late stopping by. It's a busy week for me. Love the vision board idea and I think a studio in a lighthouse would be absolutely amazing. What a clever idea. :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a good thing fantasy doesn’t have to be practical

      Delete
  15. A vision board is such a great idea and your collages are fabulous! My craft room is my happy place and I love nothing better than spending time art journaling - it helps me breathe 😀. Happy T Day and wishing you a wonderful week! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having dedicated space to create is important to the process

      Delete
  16. Love your vision board and all the "but then"s, CJ.

    Do I have a happy place where I would live and work? Yes, I'm as close as I'll ever get right now. The gift that would make my life perfect is world peace. I agree with Miss Congeniality, Sandra Bullock ;-)

    Happy T-day and Second on the 2nd! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure all our lives would improve with world peace.

      Delete