Monday, October 1, 2018

Inktober Monday




Today is the start of InkTober. It is a world-wide challenged during the month of October to create one ink drawing per day for 31 days. The challenge was created by artist, Jake Parker in 2009. There are a list of challenge prompts you can use or not. The challenge prompts are on the right side bar. If you click on the picture you will be taken to the official InkTober website where you can read all the FAQs with the how tos

This will be the first year I will participate. I found a small (3.5 in. x 5 in.) Strathmore Visual Journal to use.This little journal is filled with watercolor paper.

Eileen the Artful Crafter had sent me some Washi tape as part of the 5th T Day ATC swap. I decided I would use Eileen's Washi tape to decorate the cover of the journal. Other T Day participants were showing their (extensive!) Washi tape collections. Other than the bits Eileen sent, I didn't have any. So a trip to Michael's to purchase tape that would coordinate with Eileen's black and white tape. Some Halloween Washi themed tape was on sale, and I found a roll in the bargain bin. Plus some glittery, black cat stickers.

Eileen sent the tape bit with the text. The text is the definition for the word, Journey. Purrfect. So today I will start the InkTober journey and will post the week's work over the next few Mondays.


Are you going to play?

16 comments:

  1. Lovely journal, have fun with the inky challenge. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't be playing, it's not my forte, but I'll certainly be watching as you create your 31 days of inking and having fun.

    Your journey into the world of washi tape has begun and you have more than dipped your toes into the washi pool. Your journal cover is perfect and the black cat sticker was the icing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More Washi tape and I'll have to find a cat figurine with a longer tail. :-D

      Delete
  3. I've been thinking of joining the challenge this year too.....thinking.....thinking....lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real easy. Use a Pigma pen, Sharpie, ballpoint. Any ink. Don't wait too long or you'll be playing catch up


      Delete
  4. What fun! Love little Ink in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was my souvenir from the trip to Pennsylavania

      Delete
  5. cj....looking forward to seeing what you come up with ! ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always tempted by things like this but i know i don't work well under a deadline... Look forward to seeing what you create. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rules are simple and not scary. You don't need to create a masterpiece each day. Just one doodle or drawing. Come to the dark side. We have ink!

      Delete
  7. I looked at Inktober but I'm not sure if I draw well enough to participate. I can't wait to see your take on those words. And very nice journal cover too. Hope you had a great Monday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't need to be a da Vinci to participate. You certainly draw well. Like I said to Deb, all you have to do is one doodle each day. And you don't have to use the prompts, if you don't want to.

      Delete
  8. How exciting! The journal looks great! Love your blog background!

    ReplyDelete