Saturday, April 6, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:

In honor of the the Red Sox Home Opener on 9. April some favorite baseball movies


The Natural (1984), Robert (Be Still My Heart) Redford


It Happens Every Spring (1949) Paul Douglas, Ray Milland




Angels in the Outfield (1951) Paul Douglas, Janet Leigh




The Pride of the Yankees (1942) Gary Cooper, Babe Ruth


Kill the Umpire (1951) William Bendix




Field of Dreams (1989) Kevin Costner, Ray Liotta, James Earl Jones, Burt Lancaster




A League of Their Own (1992) Geena Davis, Tom Hanks




42 (2013) Chadwick Boseman, Harrison Ford

If you haven't seen any of these movies, check out Netflix, Amazon Prime, or YouTube.com


24 comments:

  1. Take me out to the ballpark! Great movie selections. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could take you out to the ballpark, but the tickets have gotten so expensive. Is a hotdog and a movie a good consolation prize? =^,.^=

      Delete
  2. Many thanks for sharing these movie selections - have a great weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you won't be surprised thAt I have never heard of any of them! Have a great weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, doesn't surprise me as baseball isn't well-known on your side of the Pond.

      Delete
  4. Love your collection of baseball films. Perfect for opening day at Fenway. One of my students informed me he is going. Hopefully the weather will work out! Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope they win and your student has a good time. Tell him to dress warm as it can be raw there when the wind comes off the water.

      Delete
  5. I agree with six out of the eight (spanning several decades, which is pretty good for me, lol!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of many of these and never seen any of them. I like how you paired them with the opening of baseball this year, though.

    You found a "42!" Divers and Sundry will be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been much into sports movies, but I've seen some of these and enjoyed them. From 1942-2013 is certainly a range. It's a great time of year to highlight baseball movies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Only seen a couple of these 😁. Thanks for the recommendations and I hope you had a great weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Field of Dreams is the only one I have seen on this list! I love that movie! Now, I have to check out the others! Thanks CJ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of them are really old. 42 about Jackie Robinson is the newest came out in 2013. League of Their Own is good. My favorite is The Natural.

      Delete