Tuesday, November 2, 2021

T Stands For Halloween Dinner and 2nd on the Second



Because Halloween was the date chosen to celebrate Ink's birthday, dinners and desserts were holiday themed. Even though he's gone, I still keep up the tradition. So this year we had Mummy hotdogs from a recipe courtesy of the Pillsbury Doughboy along with tater tots, baked beans, and I had iced tea.


Going through photographs I found a blast from the past, the Young One with the Kitty Litter cake made for a Halloween party the girlies had. 

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

And now the Second on the Second, a Friday Five from 18. January 2013

One of the things I did to say good bye to my parents' house, the house I grew up in was to take a picture of the door in my bedroom when I was little. I spent a lot of  time in this room. When Dad was home, he didn't like The Brother and me to make noise, especially if he had clients coming to the house.  Ma would send us to our rooms.


Besides reading, drawing or whispering to The Brother through the heating duct, I liked to look for the faces on the door. The faces were sometimes grotesque, but never scary.


There was the lion. Hi, Leo!


The lion chatting with the sweet potato


I wished I had straight hair like the girl with the pageboy do. There was the potato man and the woman with the fish lips.


And the boy who could blow doorknobs out his nose.


Oh, I think I forgot the owl. Can you find him?

It's your turn to play. From Elizabeth: Now it's time to share your Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable.  Join hosts Bleubeard and Elizabeth to see what else is being served up the Second Time Around.

40 comments:

  1. That mummy hot dog cracked me up! Love all the faces on the door, and yes, I found the owl! Happy T Day, Happy 2nd on the 2nd, happy everything! Have a great day, take care, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm hungry for tator tots and baked beans. I'll pass on the kitty litter cake, but I sure enjoyed seeing the young one scooping poop! Thanks for this birthday wish for Ink and for your incredible meal you created in his honor. It was a great idea that went well with your iced tea. So glad you joined us for T this Tuesday, dear CJ.

    You have always had an active mind and I was impressed with the clever drawings you came up with on your parents door. I saw the owl almost immediately, too in the very first image. Thanks for a very clever second look on the 2nd, dear. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kitty litter cake was quite delicious, but a little too realistic for one of the party-goers

      Delete
  3. Good morning loved your post CJ the Halloween meals so fun, and I really enjoyed your second on the 2nd as well-and whispering to your brother-good memories. Happy T, Second on the 2nd and Happy November too hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Halloween dinner. If the hot dog wasn't a mummy (what a fun idea) it would have been all New England Saturday night that I grew up with. What a fabulous idea to take a photo of your childhood bedroom door. I never did that (but I do have a couple of wall paper scraps from around the house). I'm glad you had the foresight to do that. I hope you have a wonderful T Day (sunny?) and are having a nice start to the new month. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All that was missing from the New England Saturday night supper was the brown bread with raisins. Looks like a great week weather-wise.

      Delete
  5. Mummy hotdogs! They look so amazing! How fun! Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mummy hotdog is perfect for Halloween lol I've seen kitty litter cake recipes online, but I've never had one.

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kitty litter cake is basically a chocolate and yellow cake crumbled and mixed with vanilla pudding. Oreo cookies are crushed with food coloring for the chlorophyl bits and Tootsie rolls heated for a few seconds in the microwave so they can be molded and twisted to complete the illusion

      Delete
  7. That hotdog mummy is very creative! How fun to have themed food.
    What a great way to look at the door. So many great things to see. Our minds are incredible aren't they? Love all the things that you found.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pillsbury Dough Boy has some cute recipes. Looking for faces was a pleasant past time. I still look for faces in wood and patterned tiles.

      Delete
  8. How fun to have mummy hot dogs! Wish I would have known about these when our son was a child. Nice to have the photos to remind you of childhood memories and very creative to find such characters in the wood grain of the door. happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep the mummy hot dogs in mind if you ever have grand kids or young ones visiting.

      Delete
  9. ink ....we haz been off de grid fora few....happee bee lated two ewe dood ♥♥♥ hope yur day total lee rocked ***

    cj; best meal ever; I can even make these dogs { veggie tarrian }

    and I used to find things on the doors at weezers house. she had wood doors like this as well...liked to move from room to room to see if I could find a "match" ;) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless the Dough Boy for the recipe and easily adaptable.

      I never thought of trying to find a match.

      Delete
  10. I love mummy dogs and tater tots with PnB. Thanks for sharing your door. Great photo with the kitty litter cake. That is just too funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny part of the kitty litter cake was the look on some of the party goers faces 😺

      Delete
  11. Your Halloween dinner looks good.
    I like the faces on the door.

    Happy November Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still look for faces on doors, floors, wallpaper

      Delete
  12. Your daughter's photo is so cute and I love the series of what you saw on your bedroom door. I always would see faces on the tiles in the kitchen. But then mom didn't scrub the floor that often. Everything looks good but hold those beans, no thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But, beans and franks are traditional New England fare. Beans, beans the magical fruit :-D

      Delete
  13. looks like a good Halloween dinner. Great drawings. Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to remember Ink like that. A Kitty Litter cake!! LOL.
    Sad you had to grow up so silent, but Henry says hi to your Leo on the door and yes, I see the owl :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The silence wasn't sad. It was like living in a library, one of my favorite place to be.

      Delete
  15. We made the mummies for Halloween too but made them little and not as intricate as yours. Super fun. Love your door adventures as a kid (and now). I see the owl. I still do this with my floors (lol). Great post CJ, and I feel your pain on saying goodbye to a beloved home. Hugz and happy T-day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were some very happy memories made in that little house.

      Delete
  16. Mummy hot dogs this year, a cat litter cake another - what fun! So good to know I'm not the only one to see faces. Our bathroom tiles have around a dozen - I'll have to draw them some time. Have a good week Belated Happy T Day,Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see faces in the bathroom floor tiles and have been thinking I should draw them, too!

      Delete
  17. The mummy hot dog is fantastic! I'm not so sure about the cat litter cake, it looks so darn real! Fun to see the faces in your old bedroom door - I did the same with the tiles on our bathroom floor, I mainly found animals. What a great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kitty litter cake was so realistic, one party goer turned green 🤢and wouldn’t try it 😺

      Delete
  18. What a fun post! Thanks for the smiles CJ!

    ReplyDelete