Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Whatcha Doin?

 

The backstory: A couple of weeks ago, WAM, the museum where I teach, announced faculty would be having an art show. We didn't have a show last year because of the pandemic, and I should have anticipated a show coming up. The faculty usually has an art show in the Fall to coincide with the opening of Fall classes. Fall classes started the first week of October. While I had time to do a piece, I wouldn't have time to get it framed properly. 

What to do? I could have submitted a piece I've done in the past, but decided that would be my plan B. I decided to make a small (2.5 inch square), accordion fold, alphabet book. The book wouldn't take too long to make and wouldn't need to be framed. The staff that is hanging the show can display the book on a plinth or in a case.

The book has been made, lettered, and illuminated. It's just waiting for things to thoroughly dry before being put together. Vincent and I are trying to decide on which paper and button to make a belly band to hold the book closed. Patterned paper? Plain paper? Light green button? Dark blue button? So many choices.

Whatcha doin?

24 comments:

  1. Having to make a decision is sometimes hard. I was at the doc's and now I'm resting. Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone can give you inspiration, it would be Vincent. Do we get to see the finished piece? Hope you have a great day CJ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work I would love to see the finish too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vincent knows best.....I'd go with whatever he recommends! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the dark blue button, but I think Vincent will know best, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, can´t wait to see the result, pretty-please!
    One of my GDR-teamleaders once sang the Russian alphabet to me (in East Germany they learned Russian).
    Funny memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check out YouTube to see if I can find the Russian alphabet song.

      Delete
  8. I love Vincent overseeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hit the publish button before I'd finished typing!
    As I was saying I'm sure Vincent will know best.

    To answer your question " Whatcha Doin?"
    Today I went and did the weekly shop, managed to pick up a few bargains, so came home happy.
    Enjoy the rest of your week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. i saw and i liked in the last post! i have been walking a whole heck of a lot while the weather is good because then winter comes and I'm a slug for the most part.

    ReplyDelete