Saturday, August 13, 2022

Fun Facts About the Commonwealth of Massachusetts

 

Massachusetts has an official state tartan (plaid). 

From the registration notes from the Scottish Registrar of Tartans: "This was accepted as the official tartan of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and signed by Governor Romney on May 16th 2003, House Bill #627 (original Scottish Tartans Authority reference). The colours are blue for the Atlantic Ocean, reservoirs, rivers and ponds; green for the Boston Hills, Worcester Hills and the Berkshire Mountains; tan for the beach line from the North to South Shore, Cape and Island and Buzzards Bay, plus red for the apple and cranberry harvests."

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I wish this plaid was used for my school uniform. The plaid we wore was an ugly grey and green plaid

      Delete
  2. Plaid always reminds me of elementary school. We didn't have uniforms but for some reason my mother had a penchant for pleated plaid skirts for me.....😕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good, but I hope they don't have bagpipes! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this tartan. It's got a great story too! I would make a great scarf or skirt too. Have a great Saturday. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very, pretty plaid. I like its story, too

      Delete
  5. How cool! I love trivia tidbits. What a great post idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful.
    I just bought two tea-towels with city-symbols and Henry all over - aren´t we glad we can love where we live?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how they justified all the colors that were chosen in this tartan. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought the stories behind the colors was a nice touch

      Delete
  8. Wow. Y'all have a dedicated state _everything_! I'm jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of these type of state things are usually done through schools as a way to show children the process of passing legislation.

      Delete