Monday, July 20, 2026

Monet, Me, and Miro

 

are looking over the journal I kept while two old ladies were on the road in Ogunquit, Maine. Day 3 started at 8 am and rainy. We had a leisurely breakfast in. I had tea and a cinnamon scone


Late afternoon cleared so we took a drive to York Beach and had lunch outside at the Sun and Surf Restaurant. After lunch, you'll never guess where we went? That's right, in the cheap seats. We visited Nubble Light. The views never get old. 

Thunderstorms were predicted and the sky got a bit threatening. We drove to Ogunquit Beach maybe hoping to see the storm, but the sky cleared. We found a parking spot and the parking app worked.

We sat on the beach. I got brave and put my feet in the water. The water temperature was around 61 °F. (16 °C) I thought my heart was going to stop as the water was so cold. I thought if I waded around a bit, I'd get used to the water. All I got were blue feet (embiggen the above photo)

On the way back to the motel, we stopped at Big Daddy's ice cream. I had a small dish of Chocolate Almond Joy. Chocolate ice cream, almonds, and coconut.

11 comments:

  1. Love to hear about your road trips... I live vicariously through you :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be bored. All we do is stay up late, talk, go out looking for a place to eat 🤣

      Delete
  2. Now I want ice cream! Thankyouverymuch! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Commiserations on the blue feet. Chocolate ice cream is my all-time favourite - well, chocolate anything, really!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing quite like a classic Maine road trip, especially when the parking app actually works on the first try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a relief because the beach only had one parking kiosk and for some reason it would not read my payment.

      Delete
  5. I do enjoy your Monet, Me and Miro posts.
    Brr that water did sound COLD!!!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so funny:)
    I would have loved some of that ice cream....

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a good day. I would have forced myself into the water, just to say I went in, but I get it because the water is SOOOO cold. Hope you had a super Monday.

    ReplyDelete