Monday, November 19, 2018

Cinderella Seating Tags

I had mentioned last month, I was working on seating tags for a Cinderella wedding. The bride had found a skeleton key that was actually a bottle opener. The opener would double as a decoration for the seating tag and as a favor.

Oval tags (2 .5 inches wide x 6 inches long) were cut from Diploma Parchment paper using the Scan n Cut 2 cutting machine. A 1/4 inch hole was also cut from one end of the tag to tie the key to the tag  with a ribbon. The ribbon was narrow, Cinderella blue (of course) and edge with silver because you can't have too much bling for a wedding.



To further incorporate the Cinderella theme, a copyright-free castle design was scanned into the Scan n Cut so 1 inch castles could be cut out of Canson Mixed Media Paper. The castles would have blue glitter applied to them and would be glued to the left side of tag.



I lettered the tags in an Italic hand as chosen by the bride and groom. The Mother of the Bride with a team of minions took care of assembling all the pieces parts.

The Bride and The Young One went to elementary school together. The Mother of the Bride had told me when she came to pick up the tags that when she found out I was a calligrapher, she knew she would have me do her daughter's wedding. Too funny.

I had asked the Mother of the Bride to send a picture of the tags from the wedding. She also texted me a nice note. "BTW, they were so beautiful, I only picked up one left on the table. I think everyone loved them so much, they brought them home. Thank you so much for helping to make The Bride's wedding extra special!!!"

Once my work is out the door, I usually don't hear back. So this was extra special for me, too.

14 comments:

  1. Nice seating tags. I like the castles. I find these theme weddings so interesting. Not plain old weddings like we had, even though I don't think our weddings (meaning people in our general age group not us personally) were so bad. But the theme idea is fun. Do you get to go to the wedding to see what the whole one is like? hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The themed weddings are fun. Non-traditional certainly wouldn't have flown with Ma. She nearly fainted when I asked for a chocolate wedding cake. :-D Usually, I don't get to see what things look like at the venue so it was nice of the MOB to remember and send a photo.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work, and glad you got a good resonance from the happy family. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely! I am sure that the bride and groom were more than thrilled with your work you have done on these tags.

    How nice and thoughtful of the MOB to send you that photo and the note.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having the note from the MOB was a very nice surprise. Usually I don't hear back so wonder if they were unhappy with my work

      Delete
  4. Nice of the MOB to let you know/see them all spread out. You did a spectacular job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so special CJ!!! You did an amazing job! This is something that is going to be treasured by the couple, for a life time! You truly did a spectacular job! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun to do especially since I knew the Bride when she was a little girl.

      Delete
  6. WOW, that was a LOT of work. It certainly turned out well. You did a fabulous job and I see you got a good response, too.

    Several days ago you suggested Botanica might have a FREE day. The only museum in town that is free is my WAM every Saturday. No other museum offers any free days, PERIOD. I think Botanica has also stopped participating in Smithsonian Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check your local library. Libraries sometimes offer free passes to museums and attractions. You check them out like you would a book.

      Delete
  7. Wow, these look amazing! I love the design and the pretty sparkle and your calligraphy is out of this world - stunning 😁. Wishing you a happy new week! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete