Friday, November 23, 2018

The Friday Five Good Things

Five good things that happened this week.

1. The college delayed classes by 2 hrs. Himself only had one class so decided to cancel and not try to fight with traffic after the storm. I was happy we didn't have to clear the driveway of snow at the crack of stupid early and we could take our time. Which we needed. Heavy wet snow, we had a hard time. We're not spring chickens any more. With his back and balance issues, the snowblower was difficult for him to maneuver, and it's too big for me to use. Himself said to look for someone who could clear the driveway this Winter.

2. Driving to the grocery store, Himself was able to stop in time as a bunny dashed into the road.

3. Found someone to clear the driveway. They will even clean around the mailbox, front walk, and stairs. And sand/salt for $10 more. Contract for every storm or just call when needed.

4.  Himself and I cooked together and prepared the side dishes for Thanksgiving. Since Keto, we're trying an experiment using almond flour to dredge eggplant for eggplant Parmigiana. The fried test pieces tasted pretty good.

5. Skypegiving.

How was your week?

15 comments:

  1. Glad you have someone on hand to clear the snow away. I'm happy I don't need to do it either. Have a great day, keep warm, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a relief especially if this Winter turns out to have higher snow totals than normal.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like there's a lot to be thankful for this week! So pleased that you found someone to shovel all that snow - perfect ๐Ÿ˜. Happy Friday and Weekend! J ๐Ÿ˜Š x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a huge relief that we found someone that wasn't completely booked.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like the week and the dinner went well! I know the snow was wet and heavy here as well. My friend's now blower broke due to it. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awful. Hopefully, your friend can get the snowblower fixed before the snow really flies

      Delete
  4. Not having to shovel the driveway is the best news I've heard all day! YAY for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good week. Other than the snow, but to get someone to clean the driveway is worth it! Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. I've shovel all 100 ft. of that driveway by hand I'm looking forward to someone younger and stronger to take over.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like it may well be worth it. We have an ordnance where we have to clean our sidewalks, but I don't think that pertains to our driveways. You lucked out. what in the world is skypegiving? Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll find out what Skypegiving is on Tuesday (-:

      Delete
  7. "crack of stupid early" is a phrase I'm going to remember lol! We're having highs in the 60s, so I'm enjoying your snow from a distance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will enjoy your highs in the 60s from a distance

      Delete
  8. I am so happy you found someone for your driveway! Excellent! You have to take care of yourselves! I know for myself, sometimes it's hard! I am so happy Himself was able to stop for the bunny! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete