Sunday, November 4, 2018

How Does Your Garden Grow?


30. October: Never mind, Winter is coming. Winter is here!


The Halloween garden flag came down, and the new November/Thanksgiving flag went up.


The Japanese maple puts on a show.


Heavy rains and wind took the top of the post lantern. I put the top in the front porch. Friday, as a precaution, I brought the garden flag (you guessed it in the cheap seats) in the front porch.


The Japanese Maple losing its leaves in the blustery winds.


Looks like a Christmas banner. Halloween is barely over and Thanksgiving around the corner.


Two inches of rain during the night caused the sump pump to sing every five minutes. Not complaining.


The Leaf Lady can't complain my leaves blew into her yard. In the Spring I embroider my monogram on the leaves, and the leaves all fell on my side of the fence.


Bare, naked ladies.


I forgot to take a picture of the woods earlier in the week. The trees were all decked out in orange and yellow. The rain and wind came and now you can almost see the house behind us a half acre away.

How does your garden grow?

19 comments:

  1. Your garden is looking good. Love the colourful foliage. The new flag is beautiful. Happy Sunday, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, late fall has arrived. I'm waiting for oak leaves to fall so I can rake, as long as wee don't get wind or rain or snow. ANd of course, now I need the weekend or a day off since it gets dark too early by the time I get home from work. :) Your yard is looking good though. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yard looks good only because the lawn guy does a good job.Our oak leaves don’t come down until Thanksgiving. On the other hand, if it snows early, you won’t have to worry about raking the leaves. Enjoy the day today

      Delete
  3. Love your Thanksgiving flag and your photos of that wind-whipped landscape. Wow! Leaves go where they will, don't they. I have no trees but a patio full of leaves lol Our high tomorrow is predicted to be 70, and we're getting rain all day today. Autumn in the South ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had one of the rainiest Falls on record. At least, it’s better than snow. I’ll take your predicted high over ours. 😉

      Delete
  4. Yes, you are quite correct CJ. Winter is definitely on its' way and will be here far too soon for my liking as well.

    Nice garden pics, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too soon for my liking, also. I’m hoping the weather dudes are right as they are predicting a very mild Winter. 🤞

      Delete
  5. I don't miss raking leaves at all! My mom lived 'in the woods' and on a hill....what a leaf raking nightmare THAT was! LOL ;) I do miss the cooler weather at times, though....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the lawn guy takes care of the leaves. I always felt I was out there raking with a fork.

      Delete
  6. I like your flag.
    I think your garden looks good, the leaves are colourful.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did look pretty with all the leaves on the tree reaching peak color. I suppose it still looks pretty with all the leaves on the ground.

      Delete
  7. Everything looks so crisp and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Japanese maple put on a HUGE show this week. It's a genuine beauty. Your pink leaves on the ground had me thinking what a GREAT photo. You got rain, you got winds, we got gray skies and 60s F. I fear your winter is truly on the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Japanese maple is a real show stopper. My parents had one in their yard. Dad gave me a twig when we moved into the dollhouse. Hard to believe the little twig is now 32 years old

      Delete
  9. We are suppose to get some snow tomorrow. Love the photos CJ! Your flag is so pretty and I love seeing the leaves! The bare trees are pretty too! I do believe winter is here too! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little snow may be happening with the rain event for tomorrow. Fortunately, not in my area. Just too early for snow.

      Delete