Monday, November 26, 2018

(Relatively) Quick Christmas Cards


It's that time of year to send out Christmas cards. I always seem to wait until it's too late to start, or the design in my head is a little more labor intensive than I thought. Then the stress of making and getting the cards out in time can suck the joy out of the activity.

While trying to think of an idea, I came across a bunch of YouTube videos with titles like 18 Cards in 18 minutes.

The idea was simple and brilliant. You started with blank, pre-folded card stock and envelopes. I had green cards with envelopes from last year. You cut pages to the size of your card stock from holiday paper pads.

Around Halloween, when the Christmas stuff was being put out and on sale at Michael's, I found a 6 inch x 6 inch pack of paper. The paper was double-sided and all the prints coordinated. Some of the papers had sentiments printed on them along with seasonal decorations. The sentiments were cut out and glued to a coordinated sheet cut to 4 inches x 5 1/4 inches. The assemblage was then glued to the card stock. Additional embellishments, beads, ribbons, buttons, were added for some bling.

Out of the one paper pack, I made 16 cards. Very economical since the pack was marked down and with the Micheal's coupon. I forgot how much the paper pack actually cost.

Now I just have to think what to write inside the card and to address the envelopes. I bought another paper pack or two so there's stock on hand if I need a last minute card.

12 comments:

  1. Making cards is fun and I haven't done that in ages. I used to make a lot of cards. I love seeing yours. They are very inspirational, since I should make some cards soon. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The method was fun and easy. The cards came together quickly. Now I just have to write out the sentiments and address them.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous cards, looks like you had fun! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh....I'm still procrastinating....your cards look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be sitting beside you if I hadn't watched that YouTube video

      Delete
  4. Now you know why I don't make cards. Yours are lovely and getting the paper on sale with a coupon is even better.

    I'm so far behind, but at least I have my tip-in backgrounds colored. The first of many steps, I fear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so good.
    I can't believe Christmas is so close now.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. November went by so quickly. I imagine December will zoom by, too.

      Delete
  6. They look fantastic! Unfortunately, I can't send out anything this year! Mail strike still going on! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea. I love Youtube videos with projects like that, because it's so much easier if I've seen a video than if I've only had written instructions. Yours turned out so well!

    ReplyDelete