Friday, November 2, 2018

The Friday Five Good Things



Five good things that happened this week:

1. Had lunch and spent the afternoon with Grandmaster E and Master Beef. Great food and a lot of laughs. Plus a doggie bag to take home.

2. During the weekly Skype session with the Eldest, she opened up her Halloween package so I could see her reaction.

3. Went to see Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away at a special theater presentation with the Young One.

4. After the Wellness meeting, Himself took me out to dinner.

5. Watched Kiki's Delivery Service (another Miyazaki movie) at home with the Young One to celebrate Halloween.. I love Jiji the smartass black cat, of course.

How was your week?

17 comments:

  1. I don't know any of Miyazaki's work. Is it all animation? My week was good. We had mid-semester exams so it was busy but then again it was really relaxing to get a break from the regular work routine. Sounds like you had a good week. Stay dry. I am really getting tired of this rain but better than snow. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Miyazaki's work is animated. Yeah, the rain is getting old, but at least it doesn't need shoveling.

      Delete
  2. Another good week for both of us! We finally got the countertops installed! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit, I am not at all familiar with the cartoon/animation movie you are referring to. Guess I am just old and boring! LOL

    Sounds like a pretty nice week to me! Enjoy your weekend, CJ!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girlies, especially the Eldest, were heavily into anime

      Delete
  4. I like both of those movies. My younger son is in the process of picking his films up on Blu ray, and I can really tell a difference. Miyazaki is a genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the stories are a bit bizarre, but always entertaining.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a fun week! Lots of quality time with family sounds perfect to me 😀. I hope you're eldest enjoyed her Halloween package. Wishing you a wonderful weekend! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she did. A dish towel with a coffee cup as she's a coffee fanatic, some pasta and rice side dishes she likes that were on sale, blueberry coffee pods (her favorite flavor), a scrub top for Thanksgiving and some chocolate.

      Delete
  6. The movie looks like alot of fun, especially with that black cat! Yeh to doggy bags! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like both you and the eldest had great weeks. Both of you got wonderful gifts, yours being face time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good week, and I got to spend some time with the Young One, too.

      Delete