Saturday, October 5, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


Life with Father (1947) William Powell, Irene Dunn

If you haven't seen this movie, it looks like it's available for free on YouTube.

17 comments:

  1. I love old movies, I should definitely watch this one ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a sweet story. There's also a sequel called Life with Mother.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, another movie I've never heard of....Have a fun Saturday! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have seen this one.
    Happy Saturday and weekend Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this title but don't recognize the film. I must have seen it eons ago. I used to watch old films as a kid on Sundays on channel 27. It was out of Worcester. Perhaps it doesn't exist any longer, and with cable, all the channel numbers have changed. Hope you not too chilly this morning. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember channel 27. It was one of the UHF stations like 38 and 56. You can usually find the old movies on TCM (Turner Classic Movies) if you have cable. I love TCM as there are no commercials during the movie. Staying warm with a fuzzy lined hoodie. Stay warm!

      Delete
  5. Good one! I'm not familiar with Life with Mother....have to check it out. Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun sequel from Vinnie's point of view

      Delete
  6. I remember seeing this on tv at some point, but it's been decades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not shown very often, but a sweet film when it is

      Delete
  7. I've not seen this one …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete