Friday, October 18, 2019

The Friday Five Good Things

Five good things that happened this week.

1. A blog buddy was having issues reading a T Day post. Her anti-virus program was flagging my blog as an unsafe site. ๐Ÿ˜ฎEven if she clicked the I'll accept the risk anyway, it wouldn't take her there.  I had the Young One log in to the website using 3 different browsers and Avast as her antivirus program. No problems for her.  An internet search for the issue brought up the fact that some antivirus programs won't log into a site with the old http:// protocol requiring the new https:// When I add my link to the T Day link up, I use the old protocol. It never seemed to be an issue with other readers.. I asked E to log in to my blog by following the https:// and she was able to.

In another lifetime when I was a computer programmer, part of my job involved answering the phone on the help desk and troubleshooting client issues with our software. When E sent me an email saying she was able to get onto the blog, my first thought was Yes! I've still got it! ๐Ÿ˜บ

2. I was really pleased with the dragon eye I did for the Inktober dragon prompt

3. Found a solar powered Halloween, Black Cat dancer. With light, he wiggles from side to side.

4. Himself donated to the 99 Restaurant for their fund raiser for The Boys and Girls Club. Waiter said we got to pick a  balloon and asked what color. Blue? He brought a balloon over. Gave it to Himself to pop. Suddenly a  memory. I was 5 or 6 and had a helium balloon on a string. Himself ,4 or 5 years old, asked to hold my balloon and then he let it go. Just as he popped the restaurant balloon to find out the prize we won, I saw my balloon (a red one, I think) floating away in a cloudless blue sky! I told him this memory, and we were laughing.  How can you remember things like that? I'm Italian we never forget.

How was your week?

23 comments:

  1. Nice week. I like that wiggling black cat. One of the women at work has a bunch and they are pretty mesmerizing to watch. If I was a kid in that class I would just sit there and daydream looking at them. Smile. Our wind has finally died down. Hurrah. It has been loud. And no loss of power. How about you? Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, the wind has died down. Leaves all over the ground. We were lucky and no loss of power. And no flooding in the basement

      Delete
  2. The cat is so cute☺ Have a lovely weekend ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your blog problems, I also get the message that your blog is not secure, but I'm not worrying! Loved the balloon story. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You shouldn't have any more issues with my blog as an unsafe site ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
  4. I get a "not secure" red warning in the address bar on your blog because it doesn't use "https" but I don't have trouble accessing it. Your dancing cat is enjoying the season :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you never said. If you're accessing the site from Elizabeth's link up, you shouldn't have any more issues.

      Delete
    2. It happens on any site not using "https". I know what it means and am not concerned by it. On the other hand, I don't get the notice on your site any more whether I use the link at Elizabeth's or not.

      Delete
  5. Your Italian and you never forget, lol...did not know that about Italians. Interesting post for the week and your cat is cool. a cool cat...I've heard that phrase before, hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch Sopranos, you'll understand. ๐Ÿ˜‰

      Delete
    2. ahh yes - you know i actually started that series this last year on netflix - but had so many things going that i let it slide - time to go back to it -i enjoyed the first two seasons.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. ๐Ÿ˜บ Since I schedule the blog posts ahead of time, looks like I forgot #5 and no one except you noticed! Or they were too polite to say. #5 was 5 guys for lunch after grocery shopping

      Delete
  7. I'm glad I'm not the E. I had trouble getting on some links before I switched over to https. I'd get an error message, but now that I've got a "safe" site, I have had no problems.

    LOVE your cute kitty. Sounds like a better week than I've had. I'm STILL playing catch-up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very productive week! I love the black cat, so cute and a lovely way to celebrate Halloween ๐Ÿ˜€. Thanks for sharing the wonderful memory too, I could just picture the scene and it made me smile - now I'm wondering what your reaction he was when he it go ...lol ๐Ÿ˜‰. Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really remember that part. I think I cried a little bit, and I don't think he intentionally let the balloon go. It just got away from him.

      Delete
  9. I do like the cat, definitely brings a smile :)

    Our weather here in the UK has been wet and windy, interspersed with some sunshine. I wasn't too keen on the wet and windy but did enjoy some walks in the sunshine! It's been a good week, my only complaint it went by too quickly!

    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, you still do have it! I know you've helped me before!
    I love your dancing cat!
    I love your memory!!! LOL!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete