Saturday, October 12, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


The Little Princess (1939) Shirley Temple, Richard Greene

If you haven't seen this movie, it looks like it might be available for free on YouTube.


18 comments:

  1. Hmmm, little princess, now I know why you like it! Nothing for me, though! Have a great Saturday, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the book as a kid and this movie version of it because of Richard Greene who played Robin Hood in a 1950s television series

      Delete
    2. Wow, I remember that TV series from my wayward childhood!

      Delete
  2. Shirley Temple is a little too saccharine for me. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Shirley Temple movies and probably have watched most all of her movies Happy Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just the slightest memory of seeing this movie. Which reminds me of my favorite movie when I was a young teen - Parent Trap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Haley Mills, too, especially in Pollyanna and The Trouble with Angels

      Delete
  5. I've heard of Shirley Temple. Does that count? If not, all I can say is, it is probably quite appropriate for the Little Princess I know (grin)! Yep, I'm late again. Playing catch-up is a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen it and I have enjoyed it. But not for decades. Maybe it is time to see it again? Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shirley Temple. No, thanks. Am I the only one who finds her creepy? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably. Though the Shirley Temple doll was creepy

      Delete
  8. Gosh 1939 … unbelievable! The years go by so quickly.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete