Thursday, April 1, 2021

Easter Bonnets and an Easter Card

 


While searching crochet patterns with the Young One, I found an adorable Bunny Beanie with Ears to make for the Grand-Niece. She has a new Baby Brother, and you can't make something for one without making something for the other. 

The problem for both hats was trying to figure out the size and stumbling around I found a wonderful site with a basic pattern for a beanie and a chart with size measurements and crochet hooks from newborn to adult. Perfect! The site also had tons of patterns for all different kinds of hats so I bookmarked it.

I didn't want to make the same hat for the Grand-Nephew, now 7 mos. old, so I made a basic hat for him and added features to turn it into a little chick.


I made a card


with a faux Calligraphy sentiment

In the afternoon, some bunnies took a nice drive to deliver the bonnets while everyone was at work or Grandma's house.

Later in the evening, the Niece-in-Law sent me a picture of the Little modeling the hats. I was a little worried that the hats would be too big, but then I thought the Nephew and his Wife could wear the hats. ๐Ÿ˜บ

24 comments:

  1. When I first saw the hats, I thought they were toilet paper covers. See how my mind works? Demented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ๐Ÿ˜บThat works, too. Easter Bonnets for toilet paper.

      Delete
  2. Aren't you sweet! I bet the Niece-in-law was touched! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids probably aren’t. Made to wear a silly hat. ๐Ÿ˜บ

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I just couldn’t resist making it when I saw the pattern

      Delete
  4. Those hats look adorable and came out GREAT! Love the Easter Bunny card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hats are fantastic! I would love a Beanie with ears. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so cute and fun...perfect. Love the card too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I got everything done in time ๐Ÿ˜บ

      Delete
  7. In the 70´s you´d put the crocheted bunny on the right in your firt pic in the back of your car with a roll of toilet paper underneath.
    Don´t ask me why!!!

    Cute hats!
    Ingo did this at school. Because the girls were allowed to, all the time! No idea if he still knows how to do it, though...

    ๐Ÿฆ sure adores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see where the roll of toilet paper would keep the hat in shape

      Delete
  8. Great crochet gifts. And that card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Easter creations are so adorable! I especially love the crochet critters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Easter projects! The crochet animals are super cute and I love the bunny card ๐Ÿ˜. Take care! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Niece-in-law sent a picture of the kidlets wearing the hats. So cute

      Delete