Saturday, April 24, 2021

Saturday Morning at the Library

When I was 5 years old, I was forced to take dancing lessons while the Brother was forced to take accordion lessons. I hated dancing class. The Knights of Columbus Hall where the classes were given had no heat or it wasn't turned on. I hated wearing the pink beginner tights. I liked clacking around in the tap shoes, but Ma wouldn't let me practice inside the house on the wood floors. I spent most of my time in class being miserable and crying. Eventually, I was taken out of class.

While the Brother still had to endure accordion lessons, Dad took me to the library. He would leave me upstairs in the children's library where I could look at the books and choose to take some books home with my own library card. As I got older, I would go downstairs to the adult library and wander among the stacks enjoying the scent of the books before going to find Dad in the reference area consulting the law books and catching up on his work.

So for the next several weeks, a list of my favorite books, some I have read as a child, others as an adult and some  I have read more than once.


The Last Enchantment
Mary Stewart



This is book 3 of the Arthurian Cycle. If you haven't read this book, you can find it at your local library or favorite bookstore.

19 comments:

  1. I guess I need to read this series and not let it sit on my bookshelf. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good day to sit on your deck and get some reading done

      Delete
  2. This is a great book, and definitely good enough to read again. Happy weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess historical fiction (loosely based) is not my thing. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, now this sounds like a book I could really get into! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read this series CJ and it sits on my bookshelves. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might be time for another read through 😉

      Delete
  6. I'm not sure this is one I would be interested in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't like stories about King Arthur, you won't like this series

      Delete
  7. OMG! Someone else who has read this series. I have it. It's one of my all time favorite series. I loved Mary Stewart books!!!!

    ReplyDelete