Tuesday, April 27, 2021

T Stands for Easy Dessert

 I felt like having a sweet treat. I didn't want to make anything that involved a big production or yielded a ton of temptation. I had a couple of Granny Smith apples on hand and a tube of crescent roll dough. I figured I could make easy apple dumplings. There were lots of recipes for apple dumplings, but they all used lemon-lime soda as one of the ingredients.  Soda is reserved for special occasions and not something I have on hand.

Happily, a little more hunting, I found a Crescent Roll Apple Dumpling recipe that used a simple sugar syrup. Sugar and water I had on hand. The recipe called for two tubes of crescent roll dough, but I only had one roll. The recipe was easy to cut in half.



Mmmm, heavenly smell


Perfect sweet treat with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a cup of tea.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

38 comments:

  1. Wow, this apple dessert looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe, I'd love to try this with ice-cream too 😀. Wishing you a very happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks very yummy indeed, I would love to try it, but perhaps with coffee! Have a great day, take care! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look yummy, and a nice easy sweet. Plus better to make a half recipe anyhow because if they are around too long, (at least in my house) too many would get eaten. I get how you just need a quick sweet. Especially with ice cream. Hope you have a great day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I cut the recipe in half. Too much of a temptation to eat 4 instead of just 1

      Delete
  4. You are so ambitious! Looks yummy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious, and "easy" is always a draw lol Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this sounds delicious! What an easy idea for making dessert without a lot of effort.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks delicious- and easy is a big bonus!! I didn't know the soda was a popular ingredient in the recipes. Thanks for sharing and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that looks delicious. mikes make the same type except with peaches. It's so good! Served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream...heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And The Lingering Aroma In The Kitchen, Delightful

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds heavenly. Easy is not in my vocabulary. I can turn easy into complicated at the drop of a hat. Yours look beautiful and even better with ice cream and your tea, too. Thanks for sharing this "easy" bake with apples, ice cream, and tea for T this Tuesday dear CJ. and thank you again for the incredible gifts you sent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yum. Was there some cinnamon in there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top.

      Delete
  12. Oooh! Now I can just imagine the aroma and the flavour - they look delicious! Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really quite good and took hardly any prep time.

      Delete
  13. Oh, it looks so delicious, I can smell it! I wish we could get those dough in a tube here. I used to use them a lot in the UK. As you say, a quick and easy breakfast.(or whatever).
    Happy T-Day (belated),
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, too bad you can't get the tubes of dough.

      Delete
  14. Looks good! I just pinned it. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I can't wait to try it. Happy belated T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great dessert! Thanks for sharing the recipe and happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for making me hungry CJ! LOL! Looks really good! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhhh this looks so good. Thanks for sharing it. Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a totally great idea! Now I am going to get some crescent rolls and try this! Fun and looks yummy. Happy late T-day!!!

    ReplyDelete