Sunday, September 13, 2026

How Does Your Garden Grow?



Changing leaves


I love the colors of the faded hydrangea


The tomato jungle


Tiny pumpkins


Oh, my Gourd!


Himself bought me a broom. He was a little worried I'd be upset that he thought I was a witch. I said, I'm not upset. I come from a long line of Stregas (Italian witches). My mother, her mother, the mother before her...I'm proud of it. Next will be a trip to the Dollar Store to pick up some sort of Fall doodad for it. Oh, the broom is also redolent of cinnamon.


I changed out the Spring/Summer flowers for Fall


The Fall garden flag


A dragonfly on the ragweed that's causing Himself so much grief. The ragweed is causing Himself grief not the dragonfly.


Asters and a pink dianthus


More tomatoes


A giant marigold


Either a green bowling ball or a little watermelon


Brown-eyed Susans and morning glories


Peaches!

How does your garden grow?

16 comments:

  1. It's that time of year, isn't it? I like your broom. I just put together how the kid's boo Streganoma is related to being Italian. Thank you. Hurrah for those peaches. They look amazing. Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! The peaches! I'm impressed! (also, I's kill for a tomato that actually TASTES like a tomato!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've got peaches! And everything looks like it is doing well. It is still a little too early for the Fall foliage color change where I am, but a few "early" leaves have fallen that were red, yellow, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The swamp maple always turns color at this time of year. Sort of the signal that Fall is on its way

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I don't think the peaches can be harvested because this is only the first year we've had the tree. I think I heard fruit can't be harvested until the tree is 3 yrs old. Himself should have removed the fruit so it would put energy into roots and branches

      Delete
  4. The Fall wreath is awesome! And the broom (besom) from Himself is the perfect protection for your home and a blessing - especially with the cinnamon.

    Love the garden pics, too! Changing color of the leaves are always beautiful!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I forgot to say I love those cinnamon witch brooms. (Trader Joe's?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not from Trader Joes, but I don't know where he got it.

      Delete
  6. What a lovely Autumnal post this is.
    Those peaches look amazing.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were surprised we got peaches at all because the tree is only 1 year old.

      Delete
  7. So nice to see changing leaves... i miss that... our colors here are green and brown...lol My SunFlowers need to be cut down .. they are on their last legs... Hydrangeas are lovely no matter what stage of life.. :) OOooo tiny pumpkins! What are your plans for the gourds? I haven't seen any cinnamon brooms yet this year... I bet it smells wonderful! Purrfect kitty door wreath... and cardinal flag... I haven't seen many dragonflies this year.. probably because of the lack of rain or moisture... the red one is beautiful! That Marigold is stunning... and the little bitty watermelon almost... ALMOST too cute to eat.. I know your peach tree was not supposed to produce but is there some specific reason you can' t eat the peaches??? Sorry i'm late to the party but blogger seems to not be updating me when someone makes a post... Its been going on for awhile now... you? Last night i visited a few blogs and they came up all gibberish... I'm happy to see that problem has righted itself.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technically, Himself should have pinched the fruit off when they started emerging. The tree needs to put its energy into roots and branches for the first 3 years of its life. I don't know if the itty bitty peaches will be good to eat.. The Blog Roll widget hasn't updated in over a week. Hopefully, that bug will be fixed soon.

      Delete
  8. as usual, once again and still, the reading list is a hot damn mess…I missed this post…cool stuff goin on in the garden, well, not the ragweed for himself….
    N wavez two ewe INK 🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤‼️😸🐾

    ReplyDelete