Tuesday, September 8, 2026

T Stands for Anniversary Dinner

 

Our plans for our anniversary dinner began at the dentist for a routine check-up and cleaning. Happily, I made it in to the No Cavity Club. Himself did not.


For dinner, we decided to travel a few towns further east to Wayland and Giacomo's Restaurant. We've eaten here before.

The waiter brought amazing bread. I was going to order a  Prosecco, but they only sold it by a split (2 glasses). Himself doesn't drink alcohol and I knew it would be lights out after one glass of wine let alone two. I ordered a glass of White Zinfadel instead.


We ordered an antipasto


On special was lobster and shrimp in gravy (sauce) and you could have the gravy 4 different ways. Chef's Special, Traditional Lobster, Marinara, and I forget the fourth way. We were both thinking of ordering the special, but I had to have a conversation with our waiter first.

The special was served over home-made fusilli. I needed to know if it was real fusilli (which is long, curly noodles resembling old telephone cord) or if it was short, more like rotini. Shape and size does matter.

The waiter assured me the noodles were the correct length. I ordered mine with the traditional lobster sauce (Ma made lobster tails and linguini for Christmas Eve Dinner. The dish was the short version of the Feast of the 7 Fishes because the Brother and I hated the traditional fish dishes). Himself had the Chef's Special which turned out to be a little heavy handed with the crushed, red pepper.

Himself had been trying to watch the Red Sox (baseball) game in the reflection of a mirror. The waiter was kind enough to run back to the television to check the score for Himself and even gave him a play by play.

The food was very good and I was surprised how busy and loud the restaurant was on a Wednesday night. Then I smiled. Loud talking. Typical for Italian household.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your anniversary! Great that your hubby took you to a restaurant in spite of there being a Red Sox match on TV. That is love for ya.
    And what a restaurant! Well worth the extra miles! I would gladly eat there. It is exactly how I would have wanted it! I am an adopted Italian. I lived there for more than 15 years and my son still lives there so I go back often. Consequently I love Italian food. And yes, of course the fusilli have to be just right! I used to make my own, curling the pasta strips around a 'stick'. But no more. I buy them (But of course they are nit the right kind).
    You've made me hungry now so I'm going to sign off and prepare some lunch.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone makes fun of me when I complain about pasta shapes. They taste all the same. No they don't! I'm glad someone else feels the same way that shape and size matter.

      Delete
  2. Your dinner looks and sounds amazing. Happy anniversary. And hurrah that you had no cavities. Your hubby was probably saying hurrah for the Sox Game info. :) Happy T day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds perfect! 🙂 (....and I agree 100%, the size and shape DOES matter! They DO taste different!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! Its been a long time since i've been to a traditional Italian Restaurant... I'm glad they made the pasta the way you liked it.. I miss pasta... we don't eat it since hubby is watching his diabetes... I may have to take myself out to lunch somewhere for pasta now...lol... Congrats on your good check up!Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds (and looks) like a wonderful anniversary dinner - White Zinfadel a great choice, would have been mine.

    I am VERY picky when it comes to fish. I am not a fan of "fishy" fish (anything not shell fish) but I love lobster, shrimp, and crab.

    I love "The Conjuring" movies, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just finished The Nun and Nun 2. Himself has seen the entire franchise so said I needed to see the Nun to understand what goes on in Conjuring 3

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your anniversary. The dinner looks amazing. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks and sounds a lovely anniversary dinner.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was perfect. I didn't have to cook or clean up!

      Delete
  8. The antipasta dish looks lovely. Before I experienced "real" pasta, the only pasta I ever had was Spaghettios. I thought all pasta should be mushy and "to the tooth" meant "hard." Please don't laugh. I still can't really appreciate real pasta to this day, although I tolerate fettuccine. Thanks for sharing your meal and your White Zinfadel with us for T this Tuesday, dear C.J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all depends on what you grew up with. Homemade macaroni (pasta was too upscale) was a staple in my household. My grandma made her little hats every week.

      Delete
  9. Congrats on no cavities. It sounds like a lovely anniversary. We are approaching our 50th.

    ReplyDelete